God always provides

Old 02-08-2013, 12:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

God always provides

I haven't posted much lately as I've been struggling with depression since the loss of my job, and some ongoing family issues (elderly parents and both daughters).

I have been feeling the need to "be of service to others" in order to get out of self, and viola, an opportunity has come up!

Looks like there is enough interest to get an Alanon group going again in my small town, and I've got foot work to do. I am so excited to get that face-to-face support going again.

When all else fails, work with another. I know that this opportunity is going to boost my recovery.

My higher power always provides.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Awesome!! Great how that works, isn't it?

I was just contacted recently to get started down here at the law school I attended a local group for Lawyers Concerned for Lawyers. It's sort of a general support group (12-Step based, but not strictly AA or Al-Anon) for lawyers with alcohol/substance abuse, mental health, or other personal issues affecting their ability to practice. I'm excited about that, too! I was going for a while to a group that is about an hour from here, but it will be great to have one much closer. My first husband 12th-Stepped a classmate of mine in law school and almost 30 years later he is still doing well.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Freedom1990 View Post
I haven't posted much lately as I've been struggling with depression since the loss of my job, and some ongoing family issues (elderly parents and both daughters).

I have been feeling the need to "be of service to others" in order to get out of self, and viola, an opportunity has come up!

Looks like there is enough interest to get an Alanon group going again in my small town, and I've got foot work to do. I am so excited to get that face-to-face support going again.

When all else fails, work with another. I know that this opportunity is going to boost my recovery.

My higher power always provides.
Its good to have you back. I would like to encourage you by quoting from a talk that was given by Ronda Byne auther of the book " the secret" This particular quote keeps me going when am down. "Master your thoughts and emotions and do not be the slave of them. Watch your thoughts. When you become aware that you are thinking a negative thought, destroy it immediately by thinking the opposite of it, using your will. Your thoughts are energy and once thought they have left you. Cancel them out, by sending the equal and opposite thought energy."
Old 02-08-2013, 04:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Lexie, how exciting for you! Wishing you the best in your new endeavor.

FlowersJasmine, thank you so much for that quote.

This too shall pass, I know. It's just not soon enough for me, of course.