Help

Old 02-07-2013, 01:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help

i been married for 10 yrs and he has been substance abuse and he has been locked up for the majority part of our marriage. i had stood behind and was always there for him, drove down the road and visit him, put money on his books, send him books but he has not show me anything but took everything from me like a whole house of furniture from tv, washer and dryer set a whole couch set to a stove . i have turn my life upside down for him but in reality all he still want is money, he had gotten shot 5 times really thought this would have been a wake up call but it havent. what does it take to really hit rock bottom, i really think he is very unhappy and there is no hope for him, you really cant say you got if you still doing the drugs. i have realize he really dont love me, he only want the $$$$ cause that is all i am in his eyes is $$$ cause i work and paid bills. I need some advice how to handle this quick as possible
Old 02-07-2013, 02:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Originally Posted by rgray60 View Post
i been married for 10 yrs and he has been substance abuse and he has been locked up for the majority part of our marriage. i had stood behind and was always there for him, drove down the road and visit him, put money on his books, send him books but he has not show me anything but took everything from me like a whole house of furniture from tv, washer and dryer set a whole couch set to a stove . i have turn my life upside down for him but in reality all he still want is money, he had gotten shot 5 times really thought this would have been a wake up call but it havent. what does it take to really hit rock bottom, i really think he is very unhappy and there is no hope for him, you really cant say you got if you still doing the drugs. i have realize he really dont love me, he only want the $$$$ cause that is all i am in his eyes is $$$ cause i work and paid bills. I need some advice how to handle this quick as possible
You might want to start your own thread, you will get more responses.

Is he in prison now? Are there any minor child involved?
Old 02-07-2013, 02:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome rgray

I made you your own thread

D
Old 02-07-2013, 02:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Rgray, it sounds like your life has paid the consequences for his poor choices.

You don't have to continue like this. If you don't know how to start over on your own, perhaps call a women's shelter and they can help you find resources to start a life on your own...and with your children if you have any. Women's shelters have access to all sorts of help for women like you. You don't have to be abused to qualify for their help. Maybe find one in your area and give them a call.

Hugs
Old 02-07-2013, 03:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by rgray60 View Post
what does it take to really hit rock bottom,
Are you there yet?

He is living his life the way he choices, when are you going to start?

Let him go, save yourself, get emotionally healthy and live YOUR life to the fullest.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

no there no children involved, we dont have children together
Old 02-11-2013, 02:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

thanks didnt know women shelter help people like this