Notices

Suboxone withdrawal

Old 02-07-2013, 10:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Suboxone withdrawal

I was searching for some answers on how diffficult it was to get off suboxone, and came across this website with many encouraging words from people who have succeeded in getting off this drug. I am now on 1mg. a day, and I am having alot of difficulty getting off this last dose. I am splitting a 2mg. pill, and I thought it would be so easy to just stop. I tried yesterday, and failed miserably. I was up most of the night with sweats, and that was on just 1 mg. a day. I was on 4 (8mg) tablets a day, but cut down to the 2 mg. and have been on this medication for over 5 years. I believe that is the reason I am having so much difficulty getting off that last milligram. I am wondering if it is in my head. If anyone can help me with some ideas, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Welcome Jenkins,

I would recommend an in-patient detox program. There, you will get medical supervision and learn about recovery, but also it is just a major distraction being somewhere different and that in itself makes withdrawal easier.