Could Be A Rant!

Old 02-06-2013, 07:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Could Be A Rant!

I am not sure, might just be a flash back!

As many of you know, I am no contact with my mother, will be a year in March. It's been sooo peaceful!

Anyhoo, yesterday I am at my local flea market, standing at the counter of
the candy booth, it was very busy. I am standing next to a very tall man, maybe 6'6" or so. He came there after me, eventually a clerk came up and asked him what he wanted, ok, so I was there first, it was no big deal.

Then another clerk came up and asked another guy, who also came after me, what he wanted...ok, I was in no hurry.

Then from the other side of the booth comes the owner, he says Hi and
asks me what he can do for me...ok, so, I proceed to tell him.

Well, from the other side of the tall guy comes the shrill voice of a lady, an old lady. She starts screaming, "I'm next, I'm next"....so, I say "No, I've been here longer than anyone else, it was my turn, three turns ago". She went bonkers, the owner said to her "She is right, she was first, I saw her, that is why I came to this side of the booth". The elderly lady proceeds to verbally attack the owner and me at the same time, she was just vile. The owner stood his ground and filled my order, he looked at me and said "Do you want to buy my booth? I am sick and tired of dealing with these nasty old people".

I said "No Thanks" that's one of the reasons I closed my retail business!

As I was walking away, I realized that this awful lady was my mothers twin.

Yes, this nasty lady disrupted my peace for 5 minutes, but I no longer had to deal with her...it reconfirmed my decision to stay no contact with my mother...so to the McNasty lady, I say thank you and enjoy your chocolate
nutty bars! Yes friends...that is actually what she bought, nutty bars!
Old 02-06-2013, 09:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm so glad you're finding peace in your decision! I find these sorts of people bother me less and less now. I just pity them. They're creating their own hell. Betcha she spent the next week fuming and giving herself a near-coronary over the incident, or, if she has any insight, is now totally ashamed of her behavior.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

dollydo,

It helps sometimes, to be reminded of the rightness of some of the difficult decisions we have to make, regarding family no contacts.

You can go home and enjoy peace. The McNasty lady has to be who she is. She is her own reward.

hugs
chicory