Notices

Not Enough Hours in the Day

Old 02-05-2013, 08:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Not Enough Hours in the Day

There just don't seem to be enough hours in the day for me now that I no longer drink. It's not that I'm doing a lot it's more a state of being for me.

However, that said, I got out yesterday to go horseback riding (I've always had a fear of horses). Well, it was fantastic, freeing, exhilarating. I felt on top of the world. I conquered my fear.

And then I tried to get out of bed this morning.

I all but crawled to the bathroom. I feel like I've been run over by a truck, my butt is killing me, my legs feel like they're going to fall off and I think I may have whiplash.

Oh well. Next week, I am planning to face my fear of heights and go tandem skydiving. As long as the chute opens I will be fine.

Experiencing life, being completely present in the moment, is amazing!
Old 02-05-2013, 08:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

keep on living large, received

D
Old 02-05-2013, 08:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

I feel the same way. Sometimes I ask myself where did I find the time to drink on top of all this?!

Have fun on your jump!
Old 02-05-2013, 09:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You go!!--There is a lot of life to be lived out there... I just signed up for a relay race--198 miles about 30 hours (12 runners)--why not?
Old 02-05-2013, 09:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Bestwishes, M
Old 02-06-2013, 01:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wow! Let me know how your jump goes! I have a huge fear of heights and suffer with vertigo to the point of sometimes not being able to cross a bridge - yet I still find myself youtubing videos of tandem charity sky dives that happen locally thinking - if I can do that, I can do ANYTHING.

Sounds like you're having an amazing sober time
Old 02-06-2013, 03:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Originally Posted by MyTimeNow View Post
I still find myself youtubing videos of tandem charity sky dives that happen locally thinking - if I can do that, I can do ANYTHING.
Phhhhhhhhht. If you can decide to quit drinking and do it (and you most certainly can), you can do anything. There's a death defying act right there.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freshstart57 View Post
Phhhhhhhhht. If you can decide to quit drinking and do it (and you most certainly can), you can do anything. There's a death defying act right there.
Lol! I love it!

Haha watch this space... (maybe)

"So what are your plans for today?"

Gone is the not sure, I'm not drinking I know that... with

Well actually I'm going to jump out of a plane!

Ohhh just the thought of it has me chuckling and has made me feel a little bit manic
Old 02-06-2013, 04:16 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BetterInCa View Post
You go!!--There is a lot of life to be lived out there... I just signed up for a relay race--198 miles about 30 hours (12 runners)--why not?
Oh my gosh, THAT's great!

I figure jumping out of a plane requires a few hours of onground lessons, being attached by straps to a manly man who has hundreds of hours jump time and a lot of SCREAMING!

(oh that doesn't quite sound pg rated, does it?)
Old 02-06-2013, 04:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MyTimeNow View Post
Wow! Let me know how your jump goes! I have a huge fear of heights and suffer with vertigo to the point of sometimes not being able to cross a bridge - yet I still find myself youtubing videos of tandem charity sky dives that happen locally thinking - if I can do that, I can do ANYTHING.

Sounds like you're having an amazing sober time
I am, MTM. Just getting out and about is a treat.

I love watching skydivers and I know several that had their first tandem jump this past summer. The look on their face after landing is indescribable. Pure joy.

Next, might be a hot air balloon but that will be a few months down the road. That's seems more challenging then jumping out of a plane to me. It's beautiful to watch all the balloons with incredible designs, of all colors, rising up into the air.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:52 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Received View Post
I am, MTM. Just getting out and about is a treat.

I love watching skydivers and I know several that had their first tandem jump this past summer. The look on their face after landing is indescribable. Pure joy.

Next, might be a hot air balloon but that will be a few months down the road. That's seems more challenging then jumping out of a plane to me. It's beautiful to watch all the balloons with incredible designs, of all colors, rising up into the air.
I so get where you are coming from with the hot air balloon. Or my phobia can. Strapped to a professional, jumping out of a plane to plummet to the ground from a couple of hundred feet... I can see the sense in. Standing in a basket drifting calmly about in the beautiful sky on a gorgeous morning... What? That's just too dangerous... I mean you could just fall out at any second!! Haha that is seriously what my mind says.

I've stood in an hot air ballon basket once (firmly on the ground) and it just didn't come up high enough.... I'd need it to be at least 8 feet

I'm loving what you are doing though. It's inspiring me to make plans and get out and do more. Thank you