Notices

need inpatient program recommendation PLEASE

Old 02-05-2013, 11:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

need inpatient program recommendation PLEASE

I'm a chronic pain patient. I'm seen at a pain clinic of a well-respected university hospital and I'm prescribed narcotics with dosages that would kill most people. I want to come off these meds safely and know I need an inpatient dual diagnosis program in order to have a chance of success. I'm beginning to think these meds are causing some of this pain! I'm on social security disability, am 45y/o wife and mother of four. Three are in college.

I want to go to a good program but I know a lot of the respected programs do not take insurance. I have Medicare and BCBS Blue Options which is coordinated through Magellan services. I have other health issues that would necessitate me being in a hospital while withdrawing from the medications I'm so concerned with.

I would live to hear some first hand accounts regarding both recommended programs AND this to stay away from!!! Please help me.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Hi, Welcome!

Lake Chelan Community Hospital in Chelan, Washington has a good dual-diagnosis program.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Bills - welcome

I have no knowledge of any particular programme myself - but this is a national database of treatment programmes

Substance Abuse Treatment Facility Locator

if you enter your general location, then hit 'select services' you will be able to refine your search to those local programmes (up to 100 miles) that offer dual diagnosis treatment

you'll need to do the footwork yourself obviously, but I think it might be good to actually speak to these places yourself?

best of luck
D
Old 02-05-2013, 12:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome, and I hope you find a treatment centre that works for you.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks so much for your willingness to help and reach out. I have no life any more. I've had to give up my beloved teaching position and most days I'm in bed all day. I want to feel good without meds if at all possible. The one program I did find was port st Lucie hospital that will take my Medicare and BCBS but then I saw a post where someone said it was filthy and way understaffed. I need a program like yesterday!!! But, I don't want to subject myself to a hell hole either.

Please, if you can give me some of your experiences in detox centers and inpatient rehab I would be so grateful! I don't know where to turn but I do know my life will end if I don't get the help I need. Why is it so hard to find a good program that is reputable when u have Medicare. I'm starting to see no hope and I'm feeling desperate. I want to live! I have an 11 yr old and husband at home that adore me and need me to be engaged with life!!!!! Please help!!!
Old 02-05-2013, 10:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

From my (admittedly limited) experience, online patient reviews are not always reliable....

I encourage you to contact these places yourself and where possible, even take a look around...that way you can make up your own mind, Bills

D