Notices

What's this about a higher power?

Old 02-04-2013, 05:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What's this about a higher power?

Hi deek alkie,
I always believed in something but there was always fear connected with it .

That would not work for me . I believe some people actually find that higher power once they have been in the rooms of AA for awhile .

For me I sensed strange coincidences .

I felt people were talking right to me and I felt it did come from something greater .

People were telling my story, sharing my feelings, sharing my pain and giving me hope which I had not had in years and years .

There was something good going on something was definitely happening as mysterious as it was .

These people who had been through the wringer like me were smiling and happy and laughing .

The atmosphere in the meeting was not what i had expected , all gloom and doom .

I know for some people they use AA at first as their higher power .

A group of drunks who are staying sober by relating to eachother .

But I can tell you from experience that I did find whom i now call God . I found that special thing, before I tried to fill that whole with alcohol, drugs, men, stuff and food . That space was reserved for God .

God didn;t cause my alcoholism but he did use it to make me realize my need for him and for that i am grateful .

An all loving God who forgives me and guides me and I know wants the best for me .

Having faith is the biggest part of my AA program .

God is number one in my life above everything . I seek to serve him and I do my best to behave as if he were with me every minute of the day because I believe he is .

I respect his presence today and am Grateful that when I was ready to come back to AA that he stood with open arms .

I believe AA is a God given program, it has saved millions . And brought them back to God .
I believe he works all things together for my good as long as I remain willing .

I believe if you are reading this that God is trying to get your attention as well. He brought you to this recovery forum.

That means you are worth something to him . Many people never find this site or AA and end up in jail, dead or in a institution .

So grab hold of this free gift, the help that is being offered , here as well as in AA . You will find hope I promise!! And if you're like me you will find God or maybe he will just grab hold of you and not let go.
God Bless You All! I care!
Thanks