Notices

Depressed, anxious, irritable after a binge

Old 02-04-2013, 04:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Depressed, anxious, irritable after a binge

Basically the title of my post, which is that after getting black-out drunk by binge drinking on Friday (which is what got me on this site), I have been feeling worthless.

I've been been feeling like crap and saying to myself stuff like, "You worthless piece of ****. You ******* stupid bitch. You are a waste. Nobody loves you. You waste resources and space." Writing this, I know it's probably not true, but I believe it when I'm in a funk and saying it to myself.

I've also been second guessing myself a lot more often and feeling really anxious and sad. Plus, I've had no patience with my roommates. Basically, they are slobs and this time I got really angry about having to clean up the disgusting mess left in the kitchen from the weekend (I can't live like that, and they'll never do it). Usually, I just accept my lot and clean it up, but this time it made me so angry and I've been very passive-aggressive around them since then. I've tried being polite about it before and asking, but it hasn't worked. We are living together by chance, not by choice, and it's like I no longer care if they like me or what they think about me. I'm just pissed. The anger is probably partly for them, but mostly for myself because of the binge.

Anyone else have their emotions all over the place?
Old 02-04-2013, 04:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi sunshinestill. I was very anxious, depressed and irritable when I drank. And every night was a bender for me. A never ending roller coaster of hell-o.

How long have you been without alcohol? A few hours? Day?
Old 02-04-2013, 04:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Early recovery is always full of ups and downs as we learn to navigate through the days. Is there any way that you can change your living situation?
Old 02-04-2013, 06:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I used to get like that - binge for a few days, then i realize I needed to cool it, felt like crap, irritable for a while while not drinking and then started feeling great again, so i decided I wanted to drink again and on and on and on, vicious circle.

finally, i realized I'd had enough, and I currently feel great. My mood has stabilized, I'm more focused on my life and I have a higher self-opinion than I did during those short bursts of cyclic sobriety. I can't guarantee anyone would have the same results - but it's worth a try. For the record, I'm at about 43 days right now. Around 30 is when I really started noticing significant differences.