Her AH went in to rehab, trying to be happy for her

Old 04-25-2004, 05:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Unhappy Her AH went in to rehab, trying to be happy for her

Hello everyone, My best friends husband went into rehab on his own yesterday, and I am so very happy for her but also a little jealous of her.
See our husbands both drink, mine a little more, my husband went to a drug and alcohol counseler, and they started him on counseling.... 2 sessions now they are saying he needs in house care for fear of his detox.
I gave her the number to call for her husband he went alone, * I had to go with mine to make sure he was being honest about everything* and she called yesterday and siad he just decided to go.
My husband is still on the " I can't go for this or that reason" I am happy for her and I know he must have been ready, I still have athis little hurt inside. just wanted some advice........
Old 04-25-2004, 06:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Dazimae,
Her husband was ready, your husband isn't yet.
Just keep hoping that your husband will find his way to recovery soon.
Hugs,
Gabe
Old 04-26-2004, 03:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Re: Her AH went in to rehab, trying to be happy for her

Hi Dazimae,

I can totally relate to how you feel. You truely do feel happy for her BUT if only your husband would do it all on his own. He will when he is ready. Our wanting the ready quicker is natural. Mine is still just going to AA every once in awhile instead of all the time. What we want and what they act upon are so different. Hang in there......

Hugs and prayers,
matters
Old 04-26-2004, 06:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Mine is still in the program, gets out the 25th of May. I have over 25K into these programs and don't know if they work. From reading this board I see that it is their decision.
Maybe your husband will go get the help he needs when your friends husband shows that it can be done.
Old 04-28-2004, 02:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

THANK you, MY AH did go into detox however it was after he came down from a drunk and wanted to go and now today he changed his mind... they took him anyway with a little intervention with me and his parents. he was in there for 7 hours and had already called me 2 times. He siad am fine I have gone with out it for 2 days but the nurse said OH NO his breath test was well over the legal limit when he came in.
PROBLEM is it is a willing program and if he is not willing it wont work. SO know I guess I have done all I can for him and I focus on me if he comes home I leave. He is in a place that can help. I am being taken care of here at home by family and friends.
HIS excuse is many but the best " IF I can't come home and with your help beat this on my own you and the kids can leave" SO I think what do you mean CAN leave? and what makes you think I can stick around and help. This man is a functioning A and thinks he is fine on 24 beers a day. I woke up at 3:00 am having a bad anxiety attack. I am already disabled and can not work due to health problems I have to think of me and my kids. JUST need to convince myself. thank you again