Notices

Day 7 - Full of Resolve and Planning

Old 02-04-2013, 03:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Day 7 - Full of Resolve and Planning

Feeling good emotionally today. I slept well, although I must've slept all in one position as my back aches a little. Sleeping well is a big plus. Not sleeping well has been one of my biggest excuses to drink. "I can't sleep without it." I actually believed that for many years, but I disproved it over a year ago when I went dry for 2 weeks and was sleeping just fine after coming off the sauce for a few days. I kept that secret to myself, of course, since I was already planning my next drunk back then. I digress.

Still feeling fully resolved to stay sober, but I know I need to make a plan. I ordered two books from Amazon on Rational Recovery. I also found a counselor I want to make an appointment with, and I will make the appointment today.

Tomorrow there is a potential trip hazard: my wife and daughter are both out in the evening, leaving me home alone. MY AV loves those evenings. I'll be going to an AA meeting, and then you'll be seeing me here on these boards.

Like Weasel said, I'm gonna put that SOB in a covered box and plug his air hole until he shuts up.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well done on 7 days. Just realised I used to think exactly the same at one point, I couldn't sleep without a drink. Which I know now is rubbish.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Today begins my second week of sobriety. Still very hard to get my arms around not drinking again, but am resolved to move forward. I wish I felt better and not so blah, but I do feel better. I also think I see it in my face. Not so bloated and better colour. Bottles of water for me today. Oh yeah, GREAT JOB NON!!!!
Old 02-04-2013, 11:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Congrats on the week. I will look to say hello to you tomorrow evening.

Invisible time I call it. Time when I can sneak and be free... Or so I thought. Good to plug those holes!
Old 02-04-2013, 12:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

great stuff on 7 days. get a nice non alco drink,some food and read your RR book tomorrow night. you CAN do this
Old 02-04-2013, 12:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Thanks! I also bought a bicycle about a month ago. New year's resolution to lose weight. [Specifically, the resolutiion was "I won't drink alcohol until I have lost 25 pounds". Somewhat surprisingly, I made it 15 pounds before I cheated.]

I have it set up on a stationary trainer so I can ride it indoors during the winter. If my AV starts acting up I am going to use my best Silence of the Lambs voice on him and say:

It rubs the lotion on it's skin
Or else it gets the bike again.

I will flay that cork soaker one day!
Old 02-04-2013, 12:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

If my AV starts acting up I am going to use my best Silence of the Lambs voice on him and say:

It rubs the lotion on it's skin
Or else it gets the bike again.
Love it!!