Notices

Hello

Old 02-03-2013, 02:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello

Hi there everyone, I've dived into the Class of February 2013 thread and Kicking Asphalt over in Fitness and Health, but thought I should introduce myself too.

As I said elsewhere, I have never been an every day drinker but tend to overdo it when I do drink. I am going through a stressful time in my life right now and have found that when I drink it is sometimes not pretty.....it makes me more upset than I already was and brings out some anger that must be buried in me at the moment.

With that in mind, I am trying to take a good break from alcohol. I had 10 days sober at the end of January just there but blew it on Friday, so today is day 2 again. I'm pledging to go the rest of this month dry at least and see how I feel from there.

My plan is to check in here as much as possible, run and go to the gym as much as possible (I'm already a keen runner and gym bunny!) and see how that goes.

I am a longtime lurker here and think it's a fantastic site. I'm hoping to get some support and offer some in any small way I can too.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi brita. We're so glad you're here.

It's good you're taking a hard look at what drinking is doing to you. I once drank the way you do. Mainly on weekends - but then it carried over into the weekdays. Every time I drank there was no guarantee I wouldn't get drunk and do stupid/dangerous things. As you have wisely discovered, it doesn't really help us when we have challenges in life. We need a clear head to get through those times - but I chose to stay in a haze.

Your plan sounds good - and maybe you'll decide you don't need that stuff in your life at all. We are here to support you.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for the lovely welcome, Hevyn.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 02-03-2013, 04:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi britabroad. I see you've already dove into SR.

I did the same thing when I got here! No wading for me! Straight into the deep end.

So glad you found SR.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks, folks!

Yes, I have dove right in.....just lurking before hasn't really worked so I guess I thought it might help to actually contribute!