Notices

Super Bowl Sunday ~ Who's your team? What are you doing?

Old 02-03-2013, 04:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Super Bowl Sunday ~ Who's your team? What are you doing?

I might go with my bf to a friend's house for the first half of the game, I already have wings to make for myself and Coke Zero for my beverage of choice.

And I'm rooting for the 49'ers. My bf who is a HUGE NFL fan says he thinks the Ravens are going to win. He's pretty good at this stuff, our house looks like a mini NFL sports store/bar, Lol!! Serious, so if your a Ravens fan, according to him...

Anyway, I have to work tomorrow also, so I may be just as happy to stay home with my wings and just relax.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

As a Browns fan, the Ravens are my favorite team to hate - so GO 'NINERS!

I am calling in sick to my friend's party (I find the words "explosive diarrhea" will get me out of just about anything with very little discussion) and we (wife and daughter and I) are going to make wings and jalapeno poppers, drink ginger ale and cheer for Ray Lewis to lose the last game of his career.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

YAY!!!! Nonsensical, sounds like you all are going to have a day like mine. Cool!
Old 02-03-2013, 05:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

I am on team sobriety! It's a team with a mixed record but on a streak at the moment.

Getting more fit everyday and winning.

Oh yeah... The game?
Old 02-03-2013, 05:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm a Patriots fan, and I can't stand Ray Lewis. This will be my first sober Super Bowl. I am picking the 49ers, in a close game.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Pats fan here! Nonsensical - I'm sure "explosive diarrhea " should not necessitate any follow up comments other than "eew " or "good luck with that" haha!
I am boycotting football and having a game of pond hockey with a bunch of friends. Something I probably would never have done before when I drank. Ice skating and drinking would have been a very bad idea
Old 02-03-2013, 05:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

I'll be helping out a good friend at his sports bar. I'll be doing whatever is needed, including pouring beer, serving food, cleaning tables and providing sober rides for anyone who needs one. It'll be nice to be serving the beer instead of drinking it

Not a big fan of either team, but I hate San Fran a little less, so GO NINERS!
Old 02-03-2013, 05:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Go Ravens. Happy to see another U of D alum in The Big Game.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm a life long football fan but couldn't care less about today's game. I'm going to an AA meeting at 7:00 p.m. so I'm going to miss the kickoff.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Argonaut

I am gonna give another try at understanding that American football thing

Don't know much about the rules, but the atmosphere is amazing, watched it last year too.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:27 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Another Pats fan here! I'm not really invested in either team playing today, I just hope it's a good, exciting game. We have a new puzzle to get started on if the game is slow or a runaway. Looking forward to the commercials too.
Doing lots of cooking and eating today too - making pepperoni pizza, chips and dip, and wings of course, since we're in Buffalo!
It's nice to know that while everyone else is dragging themselves around work hungover tomorrow, I will be feeling just fine!
Enjoy the game everyone, Alison

PS - Explosive diarrhea, lol! I'll have to remember that one for next time I need to get out of something!!
Old 02-03-2013, 06:32 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm kind of there with the rest of you too regarding teams, I like the Giants and bf likes the Cowboys. Enjoying the game AND the day is my only goal.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:44 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm a Packers fan first, a Giants fan second. Since neither teams are playing, it doesn't matter too much to me. I'm making buffalo chicken dip and wings. Looking forward to the commercials. Gonna be nice to watch the whole game sober and not passed out!
Old 02-03-2013, 07:01 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'm a Broncos fan. I don't really care just want to see a good game and some funny commercials but will probably root for the 49ers. Would like to see a good half time show but Beyonce? I mean she can sing, but I want a band, not a singer. Haven't seen that in a while at the SB halftime show.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:34 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Wink

Originally Posted by vegibean View Post
I might go with my bf to a friend's house for the first half of the game, I already have wings to make for myself and Coke Zero for my beverage of choice.

And I'm rooting for the 49'ers. My bf who is a HUGE NFL fan says he thinks the Ravens are going to win. He's pretty good at this stuff, our house looks like a mini NFL sports store/bar, Lol!! Serious, so if your a Ravens fan, according to him...

Anyway, I have to work tomorrow also, so I may be just as happy to stay home with my wings and just relax.
Booo Niners.. Go Ravens!!!! just going to Chill out and relax today vegibean.. hope you have some good clean fun!
Old 02-03-2013, 07:36 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I don't really watch too much football, however we do have a couple parties we were invited to ... it's been a pretty eventful weekend w/ a wedding reception last night and all, those of you who are staying home and having your own little super bowl party is a great idea, sounds amazing!! Waiting for the hubby to get up, probably go to church, run a few errands, etc. I do like watching for the commercials and the half time show. I too am so grateful that I don't have to worry about not going overboard on my drinking since there is work tomorrow! I will be feeling just fine Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 02-03-2013, 07:36 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Taking5 View Post
I'm a Broncos fan. I don't really care just want to see a good game and some funny commercials but will probably root for the 49ers. Would like to see a good half time show but Beyonce? I mean she can sing, but I want a band, not a singer. Haven't seen that in a while at the SB halftime show.
Taking, I think I agree with you on the half time show.

24hours, Lol!! Okay, it's fun to have rivals.

LindaLou, Giants?
Old 02-03-2013, 07:59 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
jkb

The 49ers are my team. Very exciting.... and nerve wracking as I am a HUGE football fan. Go 9ers.....
Old 02-03-2013, 08:02 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

our Harbaugh is better than theirs...and that Lombardi trophy is making a trip back to San Francisco Go NINERS!!!...have fun y'all with the game....commercials and all
Old 02-03-2013, 08:18 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

GO 49ERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is all.