Maybe I'm just missing the boat

Old 02-01-2013, 08:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Maybe I'm just missing the boat

I came to terms a long time ago with the 3 C's of loved ones addiction....I didn't Cause it, I can't Control it and I can't Cure it.

She had done really well lately, which depends on your vantage point. Rx's from the doc weren't being filled and abused for going on 2 months, but OTC's were being bought and consumed faster than their directions called for. Then last week, an Rx was filled that should have lasted more than 2 weeks and of course it barely made it through a 3-day weekend.

It's beyond the point of hoping that she's doing things to better herself because she's clearly not. It's apparently past the point of having to remove myself, but the heart is having a hard time despite what the head knows. The heart is clinging to those vows to love and cherish in sickness and in health, but the head views this "sickness" as any other. The head wouldn't stand by and let any other "sickness" go untreated or kept in the dark.

For over 2 years the heart has taken a beating and that love has been stabbed at almost daily until it's almost dead. How do you get the heart to finally get on the same page as the head and be united? How do you just let go and say goodbye?
Old 02-01-2013, 10:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

How do you get the heart to finally get on the same page as the head and be united? How do you just let go and say goodbye?
You know yourself best. You may need counseling or support to get unstuck.

Or you may just need to take a good, honest look at yourself and see where you are. Feel your unhappiness. And then decide to make a change. Decide where you want to be. Set a goal. Set a timeline. And then take babysteps to get there - at least one every day. Ask yourself what comes next and then just do it. You'll get there eventually.