Notices

Never going back again please God

Old 02-01-2013, 06:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ub3

Never going back again please God

I never wanna go back to the belly of the beast ever again . It was such a brutal place... living in hell on earth ...beneath the gutter.. pityful... incomprehensible... demoralisation... I call it the belly of the beast ... a place where I was terrified of death... yet yearned to die but didnt have the guts to end my miserable existence... Praise good God almighty for lifting me out of that internal agony.. At last im clean and sober for 22 days ...attending meetings and getting in the middle of the bed... thankyou
Old 02-01-2013, 06:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your 22 days. That is awesome. Pretty good description of my life about 3 and half months ago. It is hell but you are leaving it behind. It is wonderful
Old 02-01-2013, 07:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Never say never...

Congratulations Ub3....Hell on Earth is a good metaphor for the life-altering addictions that have brought us all here. Best of luck with your continued success!!
Old 02-01-2013, 08:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

This says it better than I ever could.

TOTAL ACCEPTANCE

He cannot picture life without alcohol. Some day he will be unable to imagine life either with alcohol or without it. Then he will know loneliness such as few do. He will be at the jumping-off place. He will wish for the end.
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p.152

Only an alcoholic can understand the exact meaning of a statement like this one. The double standard that held me captive as an active alcoholic also filled me with terror and confusion: “If I don’t get a drink I’m going to die,” competed with “If I continue drinking it’s going to kill me.” Both compulsive thoughts pushed me ever closer to the bottom. That bottom produced a total acceptance of my alcoholism – with no reservations whatsoever – and one that was absolutely essential for my recovery. It was a dilemma unlike anything I had ever faced, but as I found out later on, a necessary one if I was to succeed in this program.