Notices

So much time on my hands!

Old 01-31-2013, 09:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So much time on my hands!

5 days sober and feeling really productive. It just amazes me how much you get done when your not worried or thinking , obsessing about drinking or drinking! My house is clean, my laundry is done, and I have been back in the gym excercising! I have also started a few art projects that I have been putting off since 2010. =) Reading about addiction and educating myself on this has helped me reset some things in my mind. SR thank you for helping me get to 5 days.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You are doing great! It took weeks for me to feel the way you do!
Old 01-31-2013, 09:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks escapist! I have also taken some steps to make sure I can not drink. Out of site out of mind does not pertain to alcoholics but it certainly is helpfull.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

aw man, now i have styx running through my head. darnit

seriously, that's great that you feel so good after only 5 days. congrats! keep us posted on how you're doing, if you would.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

well done blackhearts,,keep it up x
it is so amazing how much one can get done when sober isnt it??
ive decorated my downstairs,made new cushions,fixed all that needed to get fixed and cleared out my new workroom!!!
all in one day!! nah,,only joking but it sure is great to get lots of "stuff" done,,keeping busy is a v v important part of recovery, and i for one cant wait for warmer weather so i can start going out on my bike again,and enjoying some more fresh air too.
congrats on day 5,look forward to hearing more from u ,lots hugs x cleo xxx
Old 01-31-2013, 04:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

Originally Posted by blackhearts View Post
5 days sober and feeling really productive. It just amazes me how much you get done when your not worried or thinking , obsessing about drinking or drinking! My house is clean, my laundry is done, and I have been back in the gym excercising! I have also started a few art projects that I have been putting off since 2010. =) Reading about addiction and educating myself on this has helped me reset some things in my mind. SR thank you for helping me get to 5 days.
Yup - you said it. It's amazing how much we can get done now when we are sound of mind, body and spirit. Great to hear!