Notices

Day 3 Could Have Started Better

Old 01-31-2013, 03:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Day 3 Could Have Started Better

I only slept about 4 hours, so a little under-rested. Then my wife gave me some more of her world-class passive-aggressive attitude this morning. I actually think she is nicer to me when I am drunk. Has getting sober ever wrecked a marriage?

Bah! Too early for those thoughts.

I was going to try out an AA meeting this morning. I probably should have because I left the house in a grumpy mood. I went straight to work instead. I have a dental appointment this afternoon. I have flexible work hours and I wanted to try to save an hour or two of sick leave by coming in early. I'll find a meeting this evening. Don't want to end up taking another 'sick day' tomorrow.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
I only slept about 4 hours, so a little under-rested. Then my wife gave me some more of her world-class passive-aggressive attitude this morning. I actually think she is nicer to me when I am drunk. Has getting sober ever wrecked a marriage?
Speaking from personal experience, Nonsensical, I can say that staying drunk doesn't solve anything. I had a fairly long alcohol-dependent marriage, which was just one hedonistic, escapist ride. Then along came 3 sons and my life changed. Then I saw our drinking for what it was. Sorry to say that the marriage failed and even sorrier to say it took me years to get sober (she says, with one month down!).

Hang in there and try to get some sleep, Nonsensical.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

AA works for a lot of people including me. Go to a meeting and if you are like me you feel at home for the first time in a very long time
Old 01-31-2013, 06:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

AA has certainly done some wonderful things for some suffering alcoholics. I have been to over a hundred meetings. It can be helpful, but it has never felt like home to me.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

People, places, and things are going to bother you when you are sober because you are feeling instead of being numb.

It sucks, but acceptance helps.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Going to AA is not the same as being in AA. Getting a sponsor, working the steps, coming early, staying late, doing social things with people in recovery, doing service work, that is when it will feel like home