Notices

New

Old 01-29-2013, 07:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New

My names Taylor. This month I realized I have been living my life recklessly and have been hurting the people that love and care about me.
I have been addicted to drugs and alcohol on and off for a few years now, I always stop but I end up relapsing. I just can't do it anymore. I'm 20 years old and need to start my life, not end it. Although, my friends and family really want me to stop... they dont really understand either :/
I'm hoping talking to someone who wont judge me and knows kind of like what i'm going through.. it will help. (:
Old 01-29-2013, 08:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Taylor

You'll find a lot of support and encouragement here. We really do understand cos we've been there

making a decision to stop at 20 is awesome - most of us spent at least that long wandering lost...

it's good to have you join us

D
Old 01-30-2013, 04:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I was the relapse king. Even with solemn vows, dumping booze down the drain and quiting for periods of time. I always went back to drinking.
It is hard for people who don't have a problem with addiction to understand why we just can't leave it alone.

I burned through great jobs, friends and money. I could not stop. No one understood. That's one of the reasons AA is so great, you'll be in a room full of people who know where you're coming from.

It's great you realize you have a problem at such a young age. I drank alcoholicly for thirty years. I really hope you don't have to go through the nightmare that I did. I felt no one understood, and it was my business anwyay, so heck with them I'm going to drink.

You'll find a lot of support here, and no one will judge you-we're in this together and we understand.
Keep reading and posting and don't pick up that first drink or drug. We're with you.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

welcome taylor,, (what a pretty name x),, im in awe of you for realising/admitting you have a problem hun, at such a young age,, you should be v proud of yrself for that alone,and coming here, i do hope you find support and encourgement.
im nearly twice yr age, and have just started out in my recovery path, and i do so hope you find yr, you have so much ahead of you, dont waste it like i didxx
so, do you have a plan?
i found that taking iddy biddy steps at the beginning helped me, and it wasnt overpowering,, cos it can be hun, do you have someone close who can help you? guide you? or indeed just be there for you?
i wish sometimes i could be 20 again, to do things differently,, but we cannot do that, we can only look forward and you have a fab future if you do .
good luck and welcome to sr,, lots lv cleo xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 01-30-2013, 03:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Taylor x
Old 01-30-2013, 04:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Taylor... I'm like Dee - I wish I'd had your wisdom at 20. But addiction has no age limits.

All the best.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you all.
It means ALOT knowing that I can go to some people who kinda know what I'm going through...
I've been through 3 Overdoses and have had 2 "boys" that told me they really cared about me take advantage of me... I've been in several abusive relationships and never once did i stop and think.. until my last overdose.. it really got to me. i want to, and need to quit. not only for me;... but for my loved ones as well :/