Notices

Yet another day 2

Old 01-29-2013, 04:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Yet another day 2

I have been on this stop and start roller coaster for almost 2 years now, after almost 10 years of pretty much daily drinking. I have to say that it is much easier to stop than it was the first few times around, and now I definately know what to expect and I am more equipped to beat the initial cravings.I just really want off the roller coaster ride. I used to be so proud to be on day 2, day 22, or whatever, now I don't even want to count days, I just want it to be a non-issue. Everything in my life is so much better when I don't drink: I look better, feel better, sleep better, I am a better mother, friends, daughter, worker--I feel good about ME. Drinking slowly but surely robs me of all those good feelings. It didn't used to. But it does now, and there is just no room for it in my life anymore. I just started reading "Sober for Good" and am relating to the idea that one thing successfully sober people have done is to not make alcohol compatible with their life anymore. Whether its additional responsibilities or healthy habits or routines, or a new schedule...drinking just doesn't fit into that.
I had my usual craving today from 4-5:30 or so. It almost cripples me I want to drink so bad. Once it passes, I feel free.
I have also read (in many places) that those of us who find sobriety have a unique appreciation for life and maybe even for some of the little things that people who have not struggled through this take notice of - even as simple as waking up with a clear head and feeling physically good, or going to bed with a water and a book completely sober, or being able to offer to drive your kids somewhere at night.
Sometimes it just feels good to post, and it definately feels good to be able to come here and know that we all share this common goal of sobriety, even though our journeys may differ, both in how we got here and how we are working toward or maintaining sobriety
Old 01-29-2013, 04:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I'm gonna wake up sober tomorrow for my Day 2. I have also had many many Day 2s.