Notices

Issues....albeit minor....

Old 01-29-2013, 09:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Issues....albeit minor....

Had to get towed yesterday as my wiper motor ceased working during a steady rain on my way home from work....so of course I couldn't drive and had to be towed....not the end of the world....had to get a ride to work this morning which is about an hour to an hour and 15 minutes away....my car of course is at the garage close to home being worked on....stupid motor for the wipers is going to cost about 300 bucks to get fixed....im stuck at work not sure how the hell I am going to get home tonight if I actually make it....now listen I want no sympathy for all that crap....however....this is one of those things that is just setting off every trigger in my head....im sitting at 32 days and today it just seems to be the worst....I can honestly say if it were in front of me I am not sure what I would do....I know this is where I am to rely on my coping skills but truth be told....I ALMOST feel like I deserve it(******** I know)....ok sorry folks but I needed to VENT!!!!

Pauly
Old 01-29-2013, 09:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey Pauly ,
i got car troubles today as well .
Good luck getting home safe n'sober,

Bestwishes, M
Old 01-29-2013, 09:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You went so far as to post on SR so clearly you don't really want to mess up the 32 wonderful, awesome, fantastic days you've worked so hard for! All joking aside, I get it as far as having a bad day. I've had my fair share. I know, however, that my coping skills SUCK right now and if I did put alcohol in to my system it would end badly....very very badly.

The good thing is that you can start your day over whenever you want to!
Old 01-29-2013, 10:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Venting is one of thoes things we are here for. This is one of those life situations that we all have to go through. Needless to say it sucks. As is has been quoted "its not what happens, its what you do when it happens". Please don't let this little setback put you into a tailspin. Instead try to inventory the feelings your expirencing and how you handle them. Gain strength. I can guarentee another one of these situations will come up. The next time your faced with adversity you will be better suited to handle it.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

It's a challenge, but it will work out.

We had to take the ferry to America yesterday. We were the front car on the boat, and when the mate removed the chock from our wheel she commented our tire was almost flat. Great! We had to drive off the boat immediately, and just pulled out of the way as soon as we got off the ramp so the ferry could unload They had air for us, but it was in a shed on the loading ramp so we pulled our car back and blocked the loading process while they figured out how to start the air pump.

But it was just a stuck tire valve and we made it through a hectic day without drinking.

It WILL work out!
Old 01-29-2013, 12:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

its not minor when its happening to you! This too shall pass.

I hope you're not this annoyed tho
Frustrated at Work - YouTube
Old 01-29-2013, 12:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Bad stuff happens Pauly. It's annoying, it's maddening even, but it's life sometimes.
Drinking won;t solve the problem and I'm betting it won;t even make you feel better...

Get through this, get the motor fixed and looking back, I guarantee the sense of accomplishment you'll feel is better than any drink

D