Notices

scared of opiate w/d

Old 01-28-2013, 06:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

scared of opiate w/d

I am currently battleing sobriety.I am so back and forth i cant even keep up with my lies i tell to the people i trust and the people who trust me. Its as if i tell them what they want to hear and i pretend like i believe myself too.
I live in a false reality due to the nasty addiction of opiates.I have tried suboxone and as much as it is a miracle drug and i dont think i could even attempt to quit with out it, i feel that it only helps me moderate my opiate abbuse by filling in the gaps between my pay periods.I am very scared to come off of the suboxen and i tried to last week and by day three i was back to trying to find a roxicodone.I imediately went back to the suboxone to prevent a relapse but i want to be free and clear off any dependancies at all suboxone as well i have parents who want me to go to rehab but i dont want to because i think i can do this on my own and the rehabs around me are basically new people to connect with.
I guess i am posting here because i am almost at my breaking point on going to rehab and i am interested in anyones advice or personal stories that may help me take the leap from suboxone to nothing. Is there a way to get off of 2 mgs a day for 2 months after 2 yrs of opiate use of upwards 200mg oxy a day with the minimal withdrawels and the maximum amout of comfortable sleep? I am very scared but i need help from anyone who can relate, anyone who can give an idea as to how many days i will feel wierd until its all downhill. thank you in advance to anyone who takes the time to read and respond to this.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome bad112554

I don't know much about opiate w/d myself, but I know you'll find support and encouragement here.

Have you thought of face to face support like NA or anything like that?

Also check out our substance abuse forum too:
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D