Staying in the Present Moment

Old 01-28-2013, 11:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Monday, January 28, 2013

You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go

Often, one of our biggest questions is "What's going to happen?" We may ask this about our relationships, our career, our recovery, and our life. It is easy to tangle us up in worrisome thoughts.

Worrying about what's going to happen blocks us from functioning effectively today. It keeps us from doing our best now. It blocks us from learning and mastering today's lessons. Staying in the now, doing our best, and participating fully today are all we need to do to assure ourselves that what's going to happen tomorrow will be for the best.

Worrying about what's going to happen is a negative contribution to our future. Living in the here and now is ultimately the best thing we can do, not only for today, but also for tomorrow. It helps our relationships, our career, our recovery, and our life.

Things will work out, if we let them. If we must focus on the future other than to plan, all we need to do is affirm that it will be good.

I pray for faith that my future will be good if I live today well, and in peace. I will remember that staying in the present is the best thing I can do for my future. I will focus on what's happening now instead of what's going to happen tomorrow.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thanks, LoveMe. With what I am going through, I need to recite this as my mantra--about once an hour.

Sincerely, dandylion
Old 01-28-2013, 12:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This was exactly what I needed to read today. I was future-tripping 10 miles down the road! Once again, thanks for posting these readings, LMN!
Old 01-28-2013, 01:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yep - needed to read that today - xoxo SR
Old 01-28-2013, 04:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wow!
Is this really in that book for today? This is speaking directly to me! Thanks!
Old 01-28-2013, 04:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Wow, I am so glad this helped people today. I always post it in the F&F SA side and almost felt reluctant to post it here today. My "stink thinkin" told me - nobody reads them anyway. Thankfully, God knew better!!

(I am having my own pity party today, in case you can't tell, lol)
Old 01-29-2013, 04:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Thanks, LoveMe. With what I am going through, I need to recite this as my mantra--about once an hour.

Sincerely, dandylion
Me too. Thanks, LoveMeNow.

I can recommend another good book for this - "Your Erroneous Zones" (not "Your Erogenous Zones"!) by Wayne Dyer. It's based on common sense, but explained really well.

Then again, all of what we should be doing is based on common sense, isn't it. It's just a pity we lose sight of it so easily and so often.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It is true, worrying about tomorrow is a waste of time. Supposing the tomorrow we are worrying about does not find us there? Solving the problem at hand is better because it motivates us and inspires us to even accomplish more.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I rarely comment on these, but I do read them daily! Thank you for posting these reflections and meditations.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm in the same boat, I read them daily and really enjoy them but seldom comment. Please keep posting.

Your friend,
Old 01-29-2013, 05:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Yes, Thank you LoveMeNow. I'm reading The Language of Letting Go myself, and enjoy your daily posts. This one was really impactful. I spend so much time worrying about tomorrow, next week, next month and next year and beyond. All I can do is make today the best day it can be and be the best I can be today.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:56 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks, LMN. This one is especially profound for a lot of us. It resonated the same way with me when I first read it, and when I read it again here today.

Such a challenge - staying in the present. I often wonder if we are hardwired to worry and fret. To be planning the next big thing before we've even finished our current thing. I see so many people doing it - worrying about things that haven't even happened yet, wondering about things they have no control over. I catch myself doing it if I am not paying attention. It truly takes a concerted effort to let it all go and focus on right now!