Notices

Relapsed Day 3

Old 01-28-2013, 11:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Relapsed Day 3

Third post in two weeks 2nd relapse in same amount of time. 3rd day clean now I have man calling me fighting like hell to not call him back
Old 01-28-2013, 11:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Nice job on getting back to day 3 - the first week is the hardest for sure. Just worry about day 3 for now. Perhaps you should read and post a little more and we can try and help you with having another relapse, we know the routine. Not sure who the man is...care to elaborate?
Old 01-28-2013, 11:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

My source. I am going to fight it. I will post more any help would be appreciated. I need to get over to the other side.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You're doing the right thing by staying clean! I don't have any experience with drugs, but I know when I first got sober I needed to stay away from alcohol. Lose his number. Don't take his calls. Keep in mind all the reasons you want to be clean. When I was early in recovery and really wanted to drink, I had to eliminate it as a possibility. I would not pick up no matter what. It was no longer a choice for me. Once I stopped debating with myself about drinking/not drinking, it became a little easier. I found focusing on activities that helped me work toward recovery kept me going. I also found that making a gratitude list (things I was truly grateful for in my life that I didn't want to lose because of my drinking) helped me a lot. I kept it on me at all times and referred to it often. If you're using a particular program, dive into it! If you haven't found any tools yet, there are good threads in the sticky section about various recovery methods.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Gal220 View Post
... Lose his number.
Agree. Do what ever it takes...

What happened with NA? You said in an earlier post you'd give it try. You could pick up some phone numbers that would be a lot more helpful than having your dealer's number.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Maybe you should get a new phone number.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Dogone your right. I did and I didn't. I chickened out. I get to day 2 and start feeling confident. Dont need it I'm OK then wam day 3 and I'm workin tryin to score. I have a meeting to go to this Wed and. I plan on doing it
Old 04-09-2013, 10:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

The only way to get me to stop making and recieving dealer calls was to add a block list to my cell number. I added all dealer and user friends to the list. I cant call them and they cant call me. IT WORKS!
Old 04-09-2013, 10:15 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Maybe it's time to try something different? It's an impossibly hard battle to fight when you've got your dealers phone number in your pocket.

Get rid of those numbers and substitute them for sober/clean support x
Old 04-09-2013, 10:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Not sure what your trying to sober up from, is it pills? I know I'v tried several times over the past 2 years and failed miserably. Never really got past day 2 or 3 as craving & wd set in. I saw a doctor and am on a proper wd detox programme now / medicated and although its still painful and i feel terrible im managing better, im day 6. Can you get something to help you wd? I know its more tricky for you guys in the US with not having free health care? Wishing you all the best x
Old 04-09-2013, 12:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Triky, from your profile and your other posts, it sounds like you're in a tough environment to work on sobriety. I'm familiar with some of these inner city environments and crack cocaine is everywhere.

If it were me, I would get into some kind of program (probably NA or AA) and work my ass off to get sober, then I would find some kind of job, and finally I would really work on moving to an area where crack is not so prevalent. Although, you might need to get a (sober) roommate to afford the move.

But my first step would probably be NA and this site. Keep working on getting sober though, it will eventually stick.