Notices

can i clarify?

Old 01-28-2013, 06:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question can i clarify?

may i just take this chance to clarify my post titled "just sharing", as i feel upset that peeps may have taken me the wrong way.
i posted it to share how i coped with a recent slip up that i had a couple of wknds ago, ummm, i am coming up to 3 months sober,, doing real well,, but had niggly doubts, about my strength, and had thoughts of boredom, like " am i missing out ",, cos i dont drink anymore, that kinda thing.
i dont know why, but i had a drink one sat eve, and didnt feel good at all, felt even worse the nxt day.
the guilt was horrible,, i felt id let everyone down,, most of all myself.
i pondered for a while, and realised that beating myself up was not helping me, get over this hump, and get back on my big plan of sobriety.
i questioned my feelings /thoughts, and came to the conclusion, that, deep down, maybe i needed to have that slip, to reasure myself , that im not at all boring or missing out on anything, if i dont drink.
it was a spiritual test, in a way,, and i passed it , and came thru , and now im here, carrying on with my big plan, and loving every second of my sobriety.
coming up to a milestone,, like 3 mnths, i guess i got itchy feet, and after talking to a close friend of mine , who now has nearly 3 yrs under his belt,, agreed that maybe i did need this lesson/test,,in order for me to move forward even more determind now than ever.
i did not at all, give myself this "test",, i do not agree that moderating my al consumption is right for me, its not,, i am a non drinker now , and thats that.
please can i say sorry if i came across in that way,, im not at all suggesting that anyone "test" themselves,, not one bit,, so, for any confusion here,, i am v sorry.
thank you for reading, and i hope you are having a fab monday.
hugs and lv cleo xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
:ghug3
Old 01-28-2013, 06:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

I didn't get the impression you were advocating relapse.

Relapses happen, it's part of the addiction. If we can deal with them and move forward in our recovery, then we've learned from the relapse.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You sound so very sure of yourself. Good for you.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

To each their own.

If you believe your relapse was beneficial towards you being able to now have a lifetime of sobriety, then so be it.

The only danger I can see is if a person uses this attitude as a regular excuse to drink...which you are not doing.

Congratulations and glad you learned something from your relapse.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I think you're doing a fabulous job and I love ya girl! You've been my biggest supporter on SR and I could not have done this without you. Many thanks and many blessings. Keep up the good work and don't beat yourself up. It's going to be fine!
Old 01-28-2013, 07:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

awe bj,,, love ya to bits girlie,,
me and you forever xx LOL xxxxxxx