Notices

Go out with a bang..

Old 01-27-2013, 09:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Go out with a bang..

I was censored by a moderator earlier.

I told this particular moderator that I would not post again, but I figured I would speak my peace to the general public.

Freedom of speech is pretty big in my book.

I wish you all luck, but apparently, all opinions are not welcome here.

Bye.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

good luck to you as well, stay sober!
Old 01-27-2013, 10:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry to hear you're unhappy here, but anyone's free to leave anytime...or return - the very best to you whatever you decide

I think a lot of unhappiness could be avoided if people were to read the rules and policies they agree to abide by when they sign up here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ting-tips.html

If you look through the rules, they're very good - they allow for a lot of freedom of expression, while also enshrining respect for others beliefs, and making sure the place is welcoming and keeping the focus always on recovery.

rule 4 for example makes it pretty clear that these kinds of threads are not allowed.

It is also our policy not to allow threads that are purely to announce that you are unhappy here and "leaving the site'" or to post threads discussing why someone left or was banned. Such posts often detract from our purpose of providing support in recovery. Posts of this nature may be removed and continued posting of this nature could jeopardize your membership. If you wish to “leave” SR or just take a break from the site you are welcome to notify your friends via the Private Message feature.
I think it's a good rule - it's not about censoring anyone either- it's about acknowledging we're all here for recovery, not drama.

thread closed.

D