Notices

Scared.....

Old 01-27-2013, 09:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Scared.....

Idk if it's normal, but I'm kinda scared. Scared of failure, I guess. I wanna get back to when I was 6 weeks sober and felt great ( It's funny, feeling great to a chronic alcohol abuser, is just feeling normal), but the road back there...I'm too impatient. I'm not lying, when I went sober, I felt so good. And whether I'm an "alcoholic" or not I just wanna get back there. I want it, but idk if I'm gonna make it.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This is perfectly normal and makes sense to me. Once the pink cloud lifted I was left with dealing with the same life, only sober.

I've made a few changes in my home. Created a beautiful reading area and other things that I didn't have time or inclination to do before.

It is taking my body a while to adjust and I still nap a lot and I'm not always happy, however I know that a drink won't fill that gap now.

Keep at it, focus on the positive changes.

S x
Old 01-27-2013, 09:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

how did you do it last time? I think you just have to make a small start....don't drink tonight. don't think about tomorrow yet....it'll come & you can (hopefully) decide you don't want to drink again for another day.

just don't drink tonight for now
Old 01-27-2013, 09:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Actually, the last (and first) time, I got sober, I went to detox because I drank for 3 days and didn't eat. It was my decision. It had affected my work, I called out 2 days in a row, because I was F**cked up...idk how these things go in the regular workplace, but I work for the government, so we're protected in such matters. I went to detox and that's how I got sober...temporarily
Old 01-28-2013, 02:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It is scary but you have all of the folks on this website, and any others you can find in your community to support you. You can make it back. Just hang in there.

W.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think everyone gets scared - not only scared of failure...but a little scared of success too - change can be scary...

you're not alone tho Carly - you've got a lot of folks beside you on this

D
Old 01-28-2013, 02:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Change scares me too. I want it, and yet when I can feel change happening it frightens me so much I want to run away.

Keep going. x