Notices

Hello, Nice to Be Here for Support!!

Old 01-27-2013, 02:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lightbulb Hello, Nice to Be Here for Support!!

Hi,
I'm ArcAngel and I'm a long term opiate user (12 year's straight). I've had multiple back surgeries and I've HAD to have the med's to deal with the pain. I've gotten so tired of feeling like a drug addict and being controlled by opiate's..., OxyContin, OxyCodone, Fentanyl (100 time's stronger than Morphine), Morphine, HydroMorphone (Dilaudid), etc, etc.
I've just quit CT and I'm FREE for the first time in 12 year's. I was always afraid of doing it. I'm now on Day 9 and it's still tough for me. Last night my heart ran away with a resting rate of nearly 120 bpm when it's normally 72 bpm. I thought I was going into cardiac arrest which is a side effect of going off opiate's, especially CT. I've made it though and I'm still here. Thank God!!
I'm sure that it's going to be several long month's of my body rebooting and my physiology getting back to normal after so long. I'm holding on even though the pain is excruciating at time's. Holding to the hope that my brain chemistry will recover and my tolerance for pain will increase over time.
Well, I just wanted to introduce myself and tell a bit about what I've been through myself and let everyone know that a strong mind is a valuable asset. Thank for having me here.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome ArcAngel! You sound so positive and hopeful...i hope that your pain gets better and that you will have the great drug-free life you deserve! God bless and best wishes to you!
Old 01-27-2013, 03:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR

you might also be interested in our substance abuse forum too:
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 01-27-2013, 03:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome ArcAngel! Congratulations on your huge accomplishment. I'm so glad you've decided to get free of it. We're so happy you've joined us. You're not alone anymore.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!
Old 01-27-2013, 03:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Arc, welcome to SR.

I see a lot of people similar to you that come in for treatment after having a bout with medical issues and pain management and get hooked on opiates and can't get off of them.

Glad you're here, and there are TONS of great people here. Hope to see you around.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

and congrats on your nine days clean - a great start to a better clean life.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

lilyrosemary,

You surely seem to be a very upbeat and happy person! It's more of your type of attitude and personality that I need in my life. Thanks for bringing a smile to my face today.
Remember to always be who you are and NEVER let anyone or anything change that.

Thank You