Notices

Happy Sober Saturday my SR Peeps!!

Old 01-26-2013, 05:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Happy Sober Saturday my SR Peeps!!

Okay, so for you northern people, you probably don't care much, but the weather here in Florida this morning is awesome and I'm still laying in bed (getting ready to get up) with the windows open, nice cool air, blue skies and perfect for getting up and going for a walk with my son. There is a canal down the street from here that has a bunch of huge iguanas that go sunning there and we're going to go and check them out and then go for a walk to get a healthy smoothie for breakfast.

Last night we all went and played tennis for an hour and then I ran home from there. I slept great last night. YES!!!!

I had that bottle of wine last Tuesday, but I'm glad that it didn't wreck me for days.

Anyway, hope you all have a great day, for those of you just getting here to SR, keep your head up, you can do this and feel better than ever.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
Old 01-26-2013, 06:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good morning! I just moved to Arizona for DC and I am definitely not missing the freezing cold weather they are experiencing right now. So glad you've chosen to continue your sober path. I think waking up sober and hangover free is one of the greatest gifts of early sobriety!
Old 01-26-2013, 06:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good morning! Freaking 3 degrees this morning here in NY! I hate the cold! But I love waking up sober and ready to tackle anything that comes my way. I've got jerky drying in the dehydrator and beans soaking for some homemade ham & bean soup. Off to the store for some fresh Italian bread to go with it.

Hope everyone has a safe and sober day!
Old 01-26-2013, 06:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
2 detoxes down, 0 to go

Woke up sober, rested, and I've already walked the dog and gone to the grocery store and it's not even 9 am yet. Energy, motivation, and sobriety beat the hell out of lethargy, apathy and a hangover!
Old 01-26-2013, 07:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Awesome you guys, me too!! Now I'm showering and off to get my oil changed in my car.

LindaLou the soup with bread (I'd have to spread a gob of butter on there too) sounds delish!!

Keep enjoying!!
Old 01-26-2013, 08:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

awe vegi,, wot a fab and positive post,, i love it.
i too woke this morn feeling great,, but its a bit cloudy and cold here in uk,, got on a mish and now just home to chill for a bit before cooking supper,, and got an eddie izard dvd to watch that i got for me birthday,, after having a fab day yesterday at a hotel spa, with my eldest gal,, oooo its fab being sober xxx
hugs x lv cleo xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 01-26-2013, 08:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Cleo, how awesome you got to hit the spa yesterday, NICE!!! Enjoy your dinner, stay warm.

I always have wanted to go to the UK, I've been to Europe; Switzerland, Austria (beautiful in Klosters), through Germany and spent a summer in St. Tropez France. I do hope one day I get a chance to go.