has anyone "seen" cynical one??

Old 01-25-2013, 07:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

has anyone "seen" cynical one??

Im missing those words that are always true, but not always nice haha
Old 01-25-2013, 08:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm missing Cynical One and Anvil.......was wondering the same thing myself......
Old 01-25-2013, 08:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I too miss both of them!!
Old 01-26-2013, 03:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Restoring myself to sanity

I miss both of them as well... I haven't seen Anvil in a long time and I so do miss her tough love and words of wisdom.. Her posts made such an impact on me in my early recovery...

Cynical one hasn't been around in a few weeks... I really enjoy her posts as well.. No sugar coating, just the facts....

Hope they are both ok...
Old 01-26-2013, 05:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
The sun still shines

I agree. They made a valuable contribution, even when it was not what one wanted to hear. I miss them both and hope they will be back one day.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

There are only a handful of posters who have been here for a long time and continue to post on a regular basis. Sometimes, these posters just need a break. For me, after awhile, it all runs together. The core of all the stories are basically the same, the only thing that changes are the names.

So, perhaps, both Anvil & Cynical One have taken a much needed vacation from SR. I feel confident that they are doing fine, probably sitting together on a warm sunny beach, enjoying the rays ...sounds like fun, think I'll join them!
Old 01-26-2013, 08:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

When "seasoned" posters take the time to share their vast knowledge and ESH and then are continually challenged with reckless, conflicting. troll like advice to inexperienced newbies...... perhaps the frustrations and efforts become too exhausting.

I sincerely hope Cynical One refuels and comes back.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LoveMeNow View Post
When "seasoned" posters take the time to share their vast knowledge and ESH and then are continually challenged with reckless, conflicting. troll like advice to inexperienced newbies...... perhaps the frustrations and efforts become too exhausting.

this is very eloquently and tactfully worded. There is a difference between questioning why or how a method works and why, and immediately saying No Way! that is wrong! I believe respect needs to be shown to the ones who have come and gone before us because hindsight is ALWAYS 20/20. and Any newbie who is reading this this next sentence is for you. stop reading my thread right now, go to the sticky "why people respond the way they do." Im a newbie too and I know all of this hurts and we want to live in our fantasy sooooo bad!!!! I am on my own pink cloud today. I too came here looking for success stories and was devastated at what I found here. I still am. please please please understand. was it vale who said it? or jerect I appologize. " something wicked this way comes"
Old 01-26-2013, 10:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

on january 22, cynical one posted a new blog entry called, "what is tough love"...she is around.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:01 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Most posters come to SR to learn about their addicted loved one yet eventually learn they too have a problem that needs to be addressed first and foremost. It is a hard thing to come to terms with for many, myself included. Some are willing and some will continue to stay in denial, which is their choice of course. The irony is.....they have no clue what it really is and how their own posts just reek of codependency as they profess not to be. I am sure this must get frustrating and or exhausting for those who are here to share there is ESH.

I had to be shaken to my core before I woke up. In the beginning, I loathed the posters who called me out! I was still screaming "I am different, he different, and we are different" in my own mind. I wanted the perfect, happy ending to all of this.

I thank God for these posters. I thank God that my mind opened and I began to understand what they were saying is true. I thank God that they didn't give up on me and believed I was "teachable." I thank God that I am no longer in denial and are making the efforts to grow in many areas of my life.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:07 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Most posters come to SR to learn about their addicted loved one yet eventually learn they too have a problem that needs to be addressed first and foremost. It is a hard thing to come to terms with for many, myself included. Some are willing and some will continue to stay in denial, which is their choice of course. The irony is.....they have no clue what it really is and how their own posts just reek of codependency as they profess not to be. I am sure this must get frustrating and or exhausting for those who are here to share there is ESH.

I had to be shaken to my core before I woke up. In the beginning, I loathed the posters who called me out! I was still screaming "I am different, he different, and we are different" in my own mind. I wanted the perfect, happy ending to all of this.

I thank God for these posters. I thank God that my mind opened and I began to understand what they were saying is true. I thank God that they didn't give up on me and believed I was "teachable." I thank God that I am no longer in denial and are making the efforts to grow in many areas of my life.
LoveMeNow you are sooooo right!!!!!I feel exactly the same.... look at how I was 'fighting' the no contact suggestion... finally doing it - but wish I had listened months ago....
Old 01-26-2013, 11:36 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I second LMN's words. I was INSANE with my own denial and emotions when I first found SR. I really had no idea that I was part of the problem .
This site and the support of those "tough love" vets (Out to lunch, Cynical, Anvilhead, KE,Ann,Impurrfect, Dolly) are sure full of something I would like to think of as LOVE.
Love doesn't mean feeling good about everything all the time. Love hurts, but the truth we get from these posters and many many others has made a positive impact in my life, and I do believe in my sons life as well because I am different now.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:04 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by Lara View Post
LoveMeNow you are sooooo right!!!!!I feel exactly the same.... look at how I was 'fighting' the no contact suggestion... finally doing it - but wish I had listened months ago....
You did it when you were ready and healthy enough and IMO, that is what is really important.

Healthy people make healthy choices.

:ghug3
Old 01-26-2013, 12:22 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Old 01-26-2013, 02:04 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by dollydo View Post
Thank you Dolly for sticking around to show us the path to the other side and holding the light so bright. (your humor helps too, lol)

Many of us really appreciate your ESH and are very thankful that you continue to share.

:ghug3
Old 01-27-2013, 09:48 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I've been taking a little break from here, but I too dearly miss OtL, Anvil, and Cynical. I hope they post again soon.

Sometimes I find it harder to hang out here, because I find myself getting frustrated, which is my own issue. It always helps me to read the take-no-prisoners style advice that we get from the old schoolers, I really connect with those posts and find them immeasurably valuable. Maybe we can get Dolly to round them all back up with her BB gun!
Old 01-27-2013, 10:37 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by interrupted View Post
I've been taking a little break from here, but I too dearly miss OtL, Anvil, and Cynical. I hope they post again soon.

Sometimes I find it harder to hang out here, because I find myself getting frustrated, which is my own issue. It always helps me to read the take-no-prisoners style advice that we get from the old schoolers, I really connect with those posts and find them immeasurably valuable. Maybe we can get Dolly to round them all back up with her BB gun!

I agree 100% (((interbear))) with your whole post!!
Old 01-27-2013, 11:13 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

When are we going to receive our 'golden wings' and be considered 'old timers'?? lol
Old 01-27-2013, 04:32 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

....When we come out the other side of this and have healthy, happy, addiction free lives....

Now that I have a child with issues I'm not sure that I'll ever get to be an old-timer! I am healthy and pretty much happy but it seems like someone with an addiction issue is on the scene.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:40 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Unhappy

Originally Posted by lightseeker View Post
....When we come out the other side of this and have healthy, happy, addiction free lives....

Now that I have a child with issues I'm not sure that I'll ever get to be an old-timer! I am healthy and pretty much happy but it seems like someone with an addiction issue is on the scene.
I hope not to offend but a morbid thought crossed my mind and it frightened me. maybe then you have earned your badge, once it transfers from the spouse(do I understand right? is that what you mean) to the child :,( :,( :,(