Notices

God Found Me And Then I Found God

Old 01-24-2013, 10:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

God Found Me And Then I Found God

Hi There!

Well I just remember thinking God would punish me as a little kid if I lied or did anything wrong, and as a kid that Catholic confessional closet was scary ..

Maybe my grampa put that in my head, about the punishing God .

Well time passed and my alcoholism got really bad .

One day I walked into where I worked at a Denny's and I was extremely worn down, hungover, depressed and sick and the repair guy came up to me and saw I was feeling pretty hopeless .

He reached out to me in the most genuine and caring way. There was definitely something different about this guy .

He had a peace about him .

I believe God put him in my life at that very moment . He began to tell me of God's love for me and the forgiveness that was free to me through the Lord Jesus Christ,

It was free I just had to take the free gift , The gift of salvation . A simple prayer of inviting him into my heart .

I was desperate and I knew God was real but never really had a relationship with him, just religion and rituals and stuff .

This was different . This was not the God I grew up with. This God was all loving and forgiving .

The God of the bible . I put my life in his hands that day and I have never been the same .

I am not gonna say that I stayed sober for the next 20 yrs because I was in and out but I always knew he was there, and that at times I had walked away not him .

Well he used this illness to get my attention back once again .

About 2 yrs ago I went through withdrawals really bad and had a seizure. I ended up in a psych ward 17 days twice back to back all delusional and very sick, my family never thought they would get me back .

Following that I got out and was not able to drink though I wanted too .

I fell into a deep deep depression sleeping 22 hrs a day and not eating for 2 months.

I lost 80 lbs and eventually lost all use of my arms and legs and speech .

Ended up in a hospital for 2 weeks and then tranferred to a nursing home for 2 months, was in a diaper and on a feeding tube . These were the darkest days of my life .

But I prayed to my God and I never gave up, I said God I don't know why this is happening but I will give you praise in all things .

That was really hard for me to do but the first time I surrendered to him in 1990 and asked him into my heart I got sober for 2.5 yrs and had a beautiful baby and a beautiful life, started singing in our church contemporary worship team and life was good, went to AA regularly but slacked off and slipped right back into relapse thinking which eventually brought me back to the drink .

This time I know God is real, he completely restored me after I went back to church and had people pray for me and my depression .

I was out mowing the lawn and cutting hedges 3 days later, depression completely lifted. I was completely exhilarated. it was a miracle . Arms,Legs fully restored including appetite .

The I got baptized and never had a cigarette again .

Now he and I are working on my eating habits lol. I know God is real because he hears my prayers .

I have a little God box which I deposit my prayers on little pieces of paper .

I usually go back and look at my prayer requests a few months later to see if they were answered and many of them were .

Many of the things I thought were crisises seemed to work out for the best .

Today I have a personal relationship with the Lord . I talk to him throughout the day, I go to church, I read the bible .

Today I am able to love because he loved me first .

I am blessed beyond words and I really don't have anything, no car, no house, no job, lost my house, my car, my job,Gave it all away to my alcoholism was in jail 7 times, 5 psych wards, 5 detoxes, 4 treatment centers. I am broke. Everything I own is in a small bedroom along with my hubby in my folks house . It isn't much, I don't put value on that stuff anymore. I had it all at one time, a hot truck, a boat, big house with in ground pool. All gone. but I found myself. I finally found what fills that whole inside of me, that whole was reserved for God.

He is the greatest treasure I have ever found. I have found a peace which is indescribeable .
God Bless You!
Old 01-24-2013, 10:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm not what you would call religious. My grandpa was, his favourite verse being "Lo I am with you always".
Old 01-24-2013, 10:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hope not religion

Originally Posted by Murchovski View Post
I'm not what you would call religious. My grandpa was, his favourite verse being "Lo I am with you always".
Nope I am not religious either, I just am best friends with the lord. He sticks close than a brother. I share my hope not religion. I hate religion.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Not Alone

I hate religion too. I'm spiritual.

Natom.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I beleive in god, I love god and hope god loves me too. I pray to him alot and hope he listens, however I don't have any particular religion, I beleive god loves us all regardless of any particular religion beleifs we have....god bless
Old 01-24-2013, 11:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
xuse

Wow amazing story, Me I love God pray to him and know he is real that's my religion
Old 01-25-2013, 02:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

God Is Good

Originally Posted by xuse View Post
Wow amazing story, Me I love God pray to him and know he is real that's my religion
Thanks XUSE, How you doin this fine afternoon? Yes God is good!
Old 01-25-2013, 03:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

If God is all you have, you have all you need.
Thanks for sharing. God bless you
Old 01-25-2013, 06:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

awesome story!!! very glad ya found yer way back to God and Jesus!

For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost
Old 01-25-2013, 08:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congrats on being sober.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:13 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

ty Purple

Originally Posted by Purplecatlover View Post
If God is all you have, you have all you need.
Thanks for sharing. God bless you
Thank You Purple. I am a persecuted Christian and i love it! lol If you are a christian you will know why.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:14 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
awesome story!!! very glad ya found yer way back to God and Jesus!

For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost
Me Too Tom, and lately I have been persecuted, isn't that awesome !!
Old 01-25-2013, 11:18 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Friends?

Originally Posted by Xune View Post
Congrats on being sober.
Hi Did u get my friend request?