How do you get through the anxiety?

Old 01-24-2013, 06:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How do you get through the anxiety?

I have been having a very hard time getting through my emotions. I have lost all of my patience with my daughter.. The littlest things seem like such a huge deal. The overwhelming feeling of this whole situation is at times too much to bear.

I am currently on Zoloft but maybe I need to increase my dosage...
Old 01-24-2013, 09:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Chloe
This may sound crazy....but the absolute best thing I could do to soothe myself and get rid of the awful anxious energy was to go out to my garage, get on my elliptical, turn some music up loud.......and sing or cry or scream. I just did whatever I needed to do to get that awful feeling out of me. It worked for me.

Take care of you.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 01-24-2013, 09:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The only thing we control is our own reaction, especially to people, places and things well beyond our control.

Therapy can help. Learning new strategies for coping with anxiety and codependency is likely going to have a better outcome than upping your dosage of medication.

Your husband is an addict doing what addicts do. It 's not personal. It just feels that way, right now.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Get out of the house and get surrounded by people who are separate from you and your husband! Being outside of my home environment, with people who are not talking about my husband, or addiction helps give me a breathe of fresh air, because when I'm at home I sometimes feel like the walls are closing in as I sit and wonder if my husband is at work or off doing drugs. Changing up your environment and being exposed to other people's 'worlds' is a great way to remind yourself that the world is a big, beautiful place! You may loose that happiness high the moment you walk through the door at home, but you're battery will be a little more charged than when you left.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ccharlotte View Post
Get out of the house and get surrounded by people who are separate from you and your husband! Being outside of my home environment, with people who are not talking about my husband, or addiction helps give me a breathe of fresh air, because when I'm at home I sometimes feel like the walls are closing in as I sit and wonder if my husband is at work or off doing drugs. Changing up your environment and being exposed to other people's 'worlds' is a great way to remind yourself that the world is a big, beautiful place! You may loose that happiness high the moment you walk through the door at home, but you're battery will be a little more charged than when you left.
You are SOOOOO RIGHT!!!!