Notices

Motivation and Positive thinking forum

Old 01-24-2013, 09:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Motivation and Positive thinking forum

Hi All,

I love this forum and the help and support I receive from it is fantastic. I was hoping I could find a similar friendly forum to help me with the next stage of my life change?

Becoming sober for me is only the start of my journey and just one of many things I need to improve in my life. I would really like to find an online community to help me with positive thinking, motivation and confidence. I will obviously still come on here but the next step for me is dealing with my other issues such as depression, stress, procrastination and generally being totally disorganised! I am 100% sure that have the ability to really make something of myself in this world but right now I have so many mental barriers holding me back. I sometimes feel paralysed by the enormity of things I need to do or get done. This applies mainly to business but also in other things such as health, weight loss and finding new hobbies.

The type of forum I want has to be totally positive and upbeat. Its gotta make me want to jump out of bed in the morning! There are so many mental health forums but quite frankly they make me even more depressed! I want to read about peoples positive stories so they can inspire me and I also want to look for genuine advice from people who are similar to myself.

So if anyone is a member of another good forum or knows of one please post a link or the name of the site.

Thanks in advance
Old 01-24-2013, 12:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't know of any myself but I hope you find something. If you don't though maybe you could just start a super positive daily support thread here x
Old 01-24-2013, 01:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

I found that for some things all I need to do is write here on SR that I am going to do something, and--by the grace of higher power or whatever--it happens!

I said I was going to start exercising and volunteer in the community, and it happened. Yes, I know these are just pixels on a screen. Maybe it won't work for you, but try!
Old 01-24-2013, 01:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I don't know of a forum but I've read an excellent book which sounds just what you are looking for

"Think right, Feel right" by Robert Isett.

You can get it off Amazon for a few pounds
Old 01-24-2013, 01:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I've been a regular user of the interwebs since 1994 and have never heard of such a forum.

Maybe you should start one?
Old 01-24-2013, 01:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

The type of forum I want has to be totally positive and upbeat. Its gotta make me want to jump out of bed in the morning!
I think we do a great job here...I may be biased

generally tho we dont link to other forums here, so I'd ask everyone to PM you instead ?

we have this forum:
Inspirations, Thoughts, Poems, & Sayings - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

and personally I think this forum is very inspirational

Stories of Recovery - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 01-25-2013, 02:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I think we do a great job here...I may be biased

generally tho we dont link to other forums here, so I'd ask everyone to PM you instead ?

we have this forum:
Inspirations, Thoughts, Poems, & Sayings - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

and personally I think this forum is very inspirational

Stories of Recovery - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
You do indeed do a great job here!

Maybe I'm looking for something that does not exist elsewhere or maybe its already within this forum and I just have not found it?

Basically I feel I am at a different stage in my recovery now and sometimes I don't want to talk or be reminded about my problem. I wont to start being positive and looking at ways to improve all areas of my life not just my drinking issues. Is there a group on this forum or could there be a group on this forum where the main focus could be about personal growth??!

If I have ever have a wobble or want to talk about my alcohol issues I have this page. What I want is an area where I can discuss ways to focus, be confident and basically strive for what I am looking in life? It would be a place where negativity would be left at the door. As the forum developed it could have mentors and newbies alike all holding each other accountable for positive action plans they want to do.

For instance, right now I really want to improve my business, the only thing that is holding me back is my cluttered and busy mind. If I could speak to people who have been where I am right now and managed to overcome their difficulties it would be of great benefit to me and others. Other people maybe thinking of going back to college but they have not got the courage to do it and all they need is someone to give them that push and drive they have been looking for. Maybe someone has always wanted to learn how to drive but has always put it off or perhaps they have always wanted to climb Mount Everest but did not where to go or how to do it?

There are people out that have done what we all want to do. Lets share our experiences and learn from each other!

I firmly believe that once you have started to conquer your demons you can benefit so much by setting yourself a positive goal. A challenge no matter how big or small can help people stay sober, it gives them something to think about and something worthwhile they want to achieve.

So mods how about a personal growth section for the website where the movers and shakers of SR could get together and encourage each other in life, health, business, relationships, education, charity and adventure!

Just a thought!

Sneeker.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Why not just start a personal growth thread and see where it goes?
Congrats on staying sober and being positive for others.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

So mods how about a personal growth section for the website where the movers and shakers of SR could get together and encourage each other in life, health, business, relationships, education, charity and adventure!

There's nothing stopping you discussing any of those issues here, sneeker.
what we always suggest is...start a thread...see what develops from there

D
Old 01-25-2013, 01:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I PM'd you.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I think you should start a thread....I'll be looking for it! I also like the Gratitude threads here - positive and uplifting
Old 01-25-2013, 01:57 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I think a positive thinking forum sounds great! I will be looking as well!
Old 01-25-2013, 02:08 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Look for the thread first Lola - we'll see how that goes first

D
Old 01-25-2013, 05:46 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I am the worlds worst procrastinator and totally disorganised too.
I'm attempting to change that practically, to be truthful I don't think there is any other way.
I bought 2 diaries an address book, post it notes, a memo board, decluttered surfaces and my wardrobe. If you spend time on this new forum as well as sr aren't you just procrastinating more? The time you spend on this new forum could be used to organise your life
Start small, your sock drawer even haha.