Notices

1 Day to one week

Old 01-23-2013, 02:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

1 Day to one week

Folks, I have tried to connect with everyone I have ever known in AA, and they are all "busy". Don't blame them (I have done it myself too many times) but we have GOT to be there for one another.

I am saying that to myself as I think: it is what "hand to hand" is all about. G_d I hope I NEVER turn down a call!!

To all you "first dayers, or one weekers" let's try to be there. I could have used the support at the two-day mark, but I am just as guilty as anyone letting requests be "inconvenient". I hope I never do that again.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

A weeks a week; I recently went 50 days and slipped, and of course regretted; back to day 10.
Keep on keeping on no matter what and recieve and give support as you obviously do.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Good going on one week!

So sorry to hear you are having a rough time with AA...

I try to help out here at the Newcomers forum...

There are others here who can offer specific help with AA.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Murchovski View Post
A weeks a week; I recently went 50 days and slipped, and of course regretted; back to day 10.
Keep on keeping on no matter what and recieve and give support as you obviously do.
Hey Murchovski! Nice rhyme!!
Old 01-23-2013, 02:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm in third day and i really think this forum pulled me through. You are right though, that one day to one week is a CRUCIAL period. Mostly I think encouragement and hope were needed but also I needed to be reminded and know intensely how BAD!!! withdrawal is and how much my depression and anxiety were strongly associated with my up and down period of use. Us early goers need those facts and memories to be deeply impactful because we often like to forget when we get in the clear and start feeling better.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Jules

Originally Posted by Pamel View Post
Folks, I have tried to connect with everyone I have ever known in AA, and they are all "busy". Don't blame them (I have done it myself too many times) but we have GOT to be there for one another.

I am saying that to myself as I think: it is what "hand to hand" is all about. G_d I hope I NEVER turn down a call!!

To all you "first dayers, or one weekers" let's try to be there. I could have used the support at the two-day mark, but I am just as guilty as anyone letting requests be "inconvenient". I hope I never do that again.

Congrats on your day 2 Pamel!!! I feel you pain with the unanswered calls thing. I've been there where they said call me and then didn't answer. Part of me wondered if they relapsed? But I can blame myself too.....if I'm not that involved in the program then how can I expect themto jump when I call? It just doesn't work that way, you get what you give.

Hang in there, you can do this. You have alot of people on SR rooting for you!!!