Would like to provide some inspiration

Old 01-23-2013, 03:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Would like to provide some inspiration

There is life after a relationship with an alcoholic. Some of you may remember some of my posts of how awful it was living with my ABf and then moving out around thanksgiving. I can now say that was the best decision I have ever made and I can't remember the last time I was so happy!

Don't get me wrong though, I have certainly had some dark days, days where I've laid on my couch crying with heartache and resentment. The day when I was finally able to let go and feel free was about a month ago when I contacted him regarding a bill we needed to settle and he gave me a hateful attitude and I realized he really is a jerk, sober or not! He also relapsed last week and texted me asking me to come over and I told him no and he started bashing me. I told him never to contact me again and delete my number. It felt so good!

I just had the most relaxing three day weekend I can remember in at least 3 years and what a great feeling! I met a new guy I know from work and we hung out Sunday and who knew someone could treat you so well?? I'm not going to rush into anything but I really do like him. Even though I'm paying more in rent right now, I am actually saving money because I'm not buying food for two people who will never pay their share. I even traded in my crappy old car for a new one and I'm getting a fabulous new roommate soon. I also got a kitten right after I moved out and she is an absolute joy!! AXBF was allergic to cats! I know it's not as easy to leave for a lot of you, with kids or being married etc, but it is SO worth it!!!!
Old 01-23-2013, 04:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Fantastic!
Old 01-23-2013, 05:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Old 01-23-2013, 06:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Aw cranapple, you just made my day! Hooray for happiness and new beginnings. I signed my lease for my new apartment (move in date not until mid March/Apr due to availability). Living with my folks for now. I can't wait to be where you are! Congrats to you!
Old 01-23-2013, 08:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Best news I have heard all day! I know exactly what you mean about the relaxing weekends. Since going NC I have had the best, most relaxing , stress free, productive time! Ditto on the money. When I lived with AB, even with his meager income adding to mine, there was never any money for extras. It all went on booze, cigs, the bars, and come to find out, his coke habit. With him out of the picture I actually feel rich!! LOL
Old 01-23-2013, 10:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Good for you!!!!! Congratulations!!

Yes, I agree, when you actually SEE people for who they are.. its priceless.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

good for you cranapple, your words have added warmth to a subzero Northern Michigan day!!!!
Old 01-23-2013, 08:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good for you! Thank you for sharing-it's always nice to hear something positive.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

That's great news Cranapple.
Thanks for sharing.
Enjoy your new life.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=cranapple;3785793]There is life after a relationship with an alcoholic.

That's so awesome and very courageous, We do have choices !!! TY