Notices

New here, not sure where to post.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New here, not sure where to post.

Forgive my spelling, no spell check.

I was hoping to find a section specifically for pot smokers. I'm mildly addicted to pot and just want to find someone who's on the same page as me.

I know pot isn't supposed to be addictive and it should be easy to stop, Im probably making a bigger deal out of this then I need to but I want to stop before it gets out of control. I want to quit.. and I never want to quit at the same time. I want to be high all the time. I wake up in the middle of the night and want to smoke. As long as I have some I want to smoke. I can't stop if it's in the house, have to wait til I run out or flush it. Ive flushed so much pot in my life time... I smoke at inapropriate times when it could be unsafe. Even when I don't want to smoke I feel like I just have to. It's not interfeiring with my life as much as you would think but thats because I have a very flexable life. What do I do?!
Old 01-22-2013, 11:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

There are threads here for people like us...
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...na-anyone.html
But your posts will get more replies here while you're new.

If things feel "out of control," then it is interfering with your life.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Jules

Welcome to SR Miriah! I feel where you are coming from with the smoke problem, I have a smoke and a drink problem. I'm not addicted to either. I think it is, like a crazy mind thing, which probably doesn't make sense. I smoke like I drink, way in excess. I can smoke morning, noon and night and I'm fine with it.

Well I cut out smoking a couple weeks ago but that leaves my drinking, and if I don't drink and get the urge then I start thinking about other drugs. Its like my personality just craves "something". Don't drink but smoke and I do it in excess....and vice versa. Trying not to drink makes me want to run across town and grab a sack. ARRRGGHHH!!!!

Anyway welcome, there are people here who understand and you can change your life for the better!
Old 01-22-2013, 01:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~sb

A mild addiction? Just stop smoking it. Simple, not easy.