Notices

87 days - feel like a new me

Old 01-22-2013, 09:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

87 days - feel like a new me

Hi all,
I'm 87 days sober with 87 meetings under my belt and a sponsor and everything! I can't believe I actually am close to the end of my 90/90 commitment. Some people talk about complacency but I don't think I'm complacent - I am truly amazed at how different my thinking process has become. The obsession that haunted me day in and day out for over 10 years isn't there anymore - and in this short amount of time. Is that normal??!! Of course, it scares me a bit, thinking I may be on the honeymoon period, but I can't think that way. I have a solid program I'm working and I feel good, so why overanalyze it to death, right?

The only crappy thing I have going on is that my 2+ year relationship is failing miserably. I think he must have a control/anger issue and my drinking allowed him to be mean and to blame me for everything wrong. Now, with the lies and the booze non-existent, he has to find something to bitch about. It sucks but I don't want to make any major moves now, but man, does he bring me down. It's sad, because he only wanted me to be sober and now I"m sober and he's angry and mean as ever. But, I have this thing called "confidence" now - which I am not accustomed to - and it's helping me out.

I don't know - I'm rambling. I'm just reflecting today. Thank you to you all for all your amazing posts. You keep me going!

Peace - from the -20 degree windchill in Chicago!
Old 01-22-2013, 09:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Awesome! Good for you! Congrats on almost being at 90 days. Praying i can get there sooner rather than later
Old 01-22-2013, 09:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

You're my hero! I want to say I'm 87 days too!

Dont let someone bring you down. You're worth so much more!
Old 01-22-2013, 09:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Wow! You sound like you are doing great. I am 3.5 yrs sober and go to 5 meetings a week and I know that going to meetings and working the steps is why I am still sober.

Now, do not ever forgot where you came from and how easy it would be to go back. One drink is all it takes.

In my first marriage when I sobered up I realize how screwed up my wife was and it ended in divorce. I do not blame my wife for my drinking but I do blame my marriage on the fact that in order to tolerate it I had to be drunk all the time did not stay sober but that is a whole other story.

Yes, confidence is a wonderful thing. I was so caught up in shame and guilt that I could not look anyone in the eye because I was always guilty of something even if I did not get caught at it. Now I like what I see in the mirror and can hold my head high.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your commitment to you!!! Rely on that confidence to make sure you are always treated with the respect and kindness you deserve.

Keep up the great work!!!
Old 01-22-2013, 09:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wow, congradulations on being sober for so long, im sorry to hear about your boyfriend. On the bright side, you're an inspiration to all of us. Good luck and hold your head up, im sure you can make it.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

wow congrats, that is awesome..i am only 9 days, I can't wait to say i am 87 days...keep up the good work