Notices

interview

Old 01-22-2013, 08:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

interview

well, I've been asking for a solution to my current work place drama and I have an interview for tomorrow morning! I am so anxious its crazy. I feel like Im going to jump out of my skin. Hope all goes well!
Old 01-22-2013, 08:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

my 20th day sober (the first go round). Got a phone call, from a resume I sent 3 months prior for a job i was not remotely qualified for. But that had one similar that I was. Went to the interview anxious (believe it or not, this can be normal ). And by two days another phone call with a bonus......had to move...... Unfortunetly I celebrated and started back at it again. You will do great! Ride that anxiety bubble into the interview.....and do like I did take a deep breath. Once you get in their.....the nerves at least for me went a way.......

Lets face it YOU have sunshine!!!!! Best of luck
Old 01-22-2013, 08:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

We all are hoping for you too!

I am sending you deep, calm breaths; and thoughts of a great day tomorrow!

(The Sun is just peeking up here right now!)
Old 01-22-2013, 08:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

AWESOME!!! Go get it!!!
Old 01-22-2013, 08:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Is it not amazing how great things begin when we get clean and sober? I'm very happy for you. As gus suggested just let things fall as they may, your just along for the ride. One thing I've noticed, anxiety is associated with negitave situations. EXCITEMENT is associated with positive situations. Sometimes it is easy to confuse the two. We are all rootin for ya!!
Old 01-22-2013, 10:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good luck sunshine, I hope it goes well and you get the job, annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd, it is the perfect one for you!!!
Old 01-22-2013, 10:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Awesome!!! Good luck to you!
Old 01-22-2013, 10:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Fingers crossed Sunshine!! I always get nervous on interviews, but tend to calm down after the first question (although I know I still speak quickly!!)

I also always keep this in mind when I am I tear viewing people for positions, nerves can definitely be seen as excitement about the position.

Keep us posted!!!!
Old 01-22-2013, 06:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone! Hopefully will be checking in with good news soon!!!
Old 01-23-2013, 05:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Not that anyone was losing sleep over this but..... interview went well and I am interviewing again on Monday ... only problem is I will have to call out.of work "sick" or lie about why I can't work.last minute. I have patients booked strait all day... I'm not the best at lying and I really dislike dishonesty ... but I also want this new in so I guess I will have to look for the lesser of 2 evils?
Old 01-23-2013, 05:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Do you have any kids? You could call you phone and pretend that the school is calling to tell you that you need to pick them up because they're sick.

Good luck sunshine, I hope you get the job!!
Old 01-23-2013, 05:30 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Lying isn't a great way to start off a new job, OR your sobriety.

Is there any way you could explain that to person interviewing you? That you sincerely want the job and are grateful for the opportunity, but that you don't have any personal time you can take?

How much notice would you have to give to shave a little time off your schedule--to come in just a little bit late or leave just a little bit early, or take a slightly longer lunch hour? Could a coworker cover for you so you could do that?

I'm betting the interviewer might try to accommodate you--it sort of speaks well for your character that you care about not letting people down at your present job.

Think about it--isn't there some way this could be worked out?
Old 01-23-2013, 05:54 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I work 5 days /week and have a very jam packed schedule. I see patients from the minute I walk in tilni leave with little time for the bathroom or even phone calls. The office I work at is an hour20 round trip from the office I'm interviewing in. There's no way to work around it without being dishonest in one way or another. Obviousi can't tell my employer I need the day off for an interview.
I tried to ask a friend to cover for me but she can't. The job won't b available forever and there aren't a whole lot in my field available right now.
My only.other thought is this, I am in a crappy job that I need to get out of. .staying there threatens my sobriety and well being more than being dishonest about taking a day off.
I think I will be ok with this decision after all.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:00 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

No kids or pets vegibean.
I am the only one in my office who does my job. The Dr could get a temp for the day but probably wouldn't because it costs a lot of $. We will have to change the schedule around and I will work extra hours to accommodate people we have to move around. I do have vacation time but in my field you aren't expected to actually use it!
Old 01-23-2013, 06:20 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Sounds like you really need a change - we'll be thinking of you on Monday sunshine.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:30 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ivegotsunshine View Post
My only.other thought is this, I am in a crappy job that I need to get out of. .staying there threatens my sobriety and well being more than being dishonest about taking a day off.
I think I will be ok with this decision after all.

Sending positive vibes your way Sunshine !

Weighing out your options with a clear head is wonderful, .....

Good luck with that new job,

There's a silver lining (for the person who will eventually replace you in your present employment.) Hopefully, they will love the new job.

....until , they don't.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:42 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Haha topspin - I tell my patients there a silver lining to every filling haha itsnot that funny but makes me laugh
Thanks a lot everyone!
Old 01-23-2013, 07:06 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Well, you have to do what you think is best. Good luck with the interview.