Notices

uncertainty

Old 01-22-2013, 01:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

uncertainty

hello
what is true recovery?
i'm doing better; meaning, i no longer drink beer every day of the week. nevertheless, isn't it funny that i regretted drinking too much one day. oi! what a peril, sticking one toe into a whirlpool thinking it's safe.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Most of those alcoholics I know who have recovered feel that true recovery doesn't involve more drinking.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That makes sense hamabi. Thank you for showing me something i already know. With that i question my sanity; meaning, one definition of insanity is when someone does the same thing over, and over again, expecting a different result.

My problem, or should i say one of my problems is i’m a procrastinator; so, i never engage in safe entertainment and just sit around watching the world go by.

i read, however maybe i should write? Paralleling happy/neutral/bad experiences from drinking, where ever consumption took place.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome cybernaught
Old 01-23-2013, 07:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for your warm Greeting art soul.

True, I must recognize what’s [now] to determine what I want and need? That’s my way of saying, when will I ever plan my future to live happily ever after.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Welcome Cybernaught! If you're anything like I was, I would be "doing well" for a week or so, then blow it one night, keep drinking for a few weeks since I had already blown it, then go back to "being good" then drink again because it was a special occasion, then overdo it and do something I regretted....and on and on and on, for decades. I would constantly wonder why I didn't have the willpower to stop. I finally realized that I did have the willpower, I just didn't want to stop. When my friend had a severe health scare my brain finally realized I HAD to stop and it changed everything.

Trying to moderate may be the problem for you. Try not having any at all and you might find it's easier. "Not today, maybe tomorrow" day after day...