Notices

why do I feel like this

Old 01-21-2013, 02:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

why do I feel like this

Hello everyone, I am on day 8 sober and I am very happy about that but I feel like my body is so weak and tired, I feel like I have been hit by a mack truck..ohh and this insomnia is terrible when does it get better? I want my energy back, I want my life back. Has anyone else felt so run down after quitting?
Old 01-21-2013, 02:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Brace yourself Goingtoquit, this one doesn't go away overnight. Initially I loved how tired being sober made me, it was really relaxing in a way. I was so used to being up and down energy wise that this came as quite a shock but when the sleep came back (that was a little under 2 weeks for me) I really relished how calm it all felt. Later on though it just got annoying and I wanted my energy back. But it is just something we have to go through to get to the other side. I think I am extreme in this case though and many other people have felt a lot better a lot sooner. We're all different and will respond in different ways at different speeds. Just trust that it will get better eventually x
Old 01-21-2013, 02:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by goingtoquit View Post
Hello everyone, I am on day 8 sober and I am very happy about that but I feel like my body is so weak and tired, I feel like I have been hit by a mack truck..ohh and this insomnia is terrible when does it get better? I want my energy back, I want my life back. Has anyone else felt so run down after quitting?
Yep! The body takes varying times to adjust. The grog can provide pseudo energy, at a price.
Sometimes boredom can be confused with lethargy.
Hang on in and if really concerned get some medical advice.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Not Alone

You've been hitting your body with a Mack truck all the time you have been using. You need to give it some time to recover. Start healing yourself mentally and then your physical health will slip into place. The only advice I would give you to speed the process up is: eat healthy food, take multivitamins, and drink lots of water.

Natom.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thank you for the advise but I haven't had much of an appetite either, but multivitamins and lots of water are a great idea, I guess I could be dehydrated as well....thanks
Old 01-21-2013, 02:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~sb

try eating healthy food as vitamins need food for absorption....drink lots of water and keep healing from the abuse you gave yourself while drinking....

give time time and heal well!
Old 01-21-2013, 03:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yeah, I felt like CRAP for awhile. Lots of water and I ate alot of sugary candy or juice to replace all the sugar in the alcohol I was lacking, which helped.

As for the insomnia - I always had huge problems with it. I ended up seeing a doctor, told him I was getting sober and I got prescribed a non-narcotic sleep aid as well as Naltrexone, which is an anti-crave medicine. I don't know if that's helped, because I'm fully engaged in AA, but all the help I can get is good for me.

Feel better soon and stick with it - it's well worth it!
Old 01-21-2013, 03:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Too far from the beach

Eat tons of of watermelon. It hydrates you and replaces the sugar you have been consuming with booze. I have tried to quit so many times and each time it always did the trick. I am sober now after a big binge. On day 5. Feel much better now. All I have now is insomnia.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

going the food is one of the biggest factors for the insomnia I've found. That empty feeling in the stomach is by far the main thing that keeps me from finally getting some decent sleep. And the decent sleep is the main thing that helps me start to feel more 'back to normal'. I know nothing sounds good but even just some fruit or some toast will help greatly.