Notices

I'm in a grump

Old 01-21-2013, 03:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I'm in a grump

I could'nt get to sleep very well last night ,
The car's battery is flat which i only found out after i'd cleared all the snow off it this morning .
I don't want to drive in the snow ,
I don't want to walk in the snow ,
I'm going to have to walk tommorow a few miles and also go on public transport to get to and from work and try and get a jump / booster battery pack in my lunch half hour,
my Mum god bless her is making really not-useful comments and suggestions like pointing out i bought a new battery for the car only 3 weeks ago ! GRRRRR as if that will somehow mitigate the situation ... DOH !

I got a whole load of resentments going on today ... so i will be stepping back from it .. i will take a long shower .. air the bed ... worry about my responcibillites to work tommorow and all the other stuff .. i'm going to turn off the phone get out a good book lie down on my fresh bed and start my day over . It's going to be nice .

Bestwishes , M
Old 01-21-2013, 04:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post
my Mum god bless her is making really not-useful comments and suggestions like pointing out i bought a new battery for the car only 3 weeks ago !
Hey, don't know if this'll help or hurt, but that line made me spit my coffee up for some reason. If nothing else, ya made a guy across the ocean laugh today.

Don't know if they have AAA in the UK, but I love them people. For just a few bucks a year they'll come rescue you wherever you are.

Good luck. I week from now you'll most likely look back at this and laugh. You might even have a fun adventure or 2 being forced to do things differently than you're accustomed to.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I misread what your mum said and thought she'd said you should have bought a new car battery 3 weeks ago... reminded me of this:

Captain Hindsight - YouTube

Some days are made to be duvet days Mecanix. I don't see why you can't say you can't make it to work because of the weather... that's what everyone else seems to do. I have made my boss promise to give me a lift if the buses get cancelled again! x
Old 01-21-2013, 04:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

hey mecanix this post made me giggle too,, what with yr name an all!!!
so,, its monday,, its cold ,, its well,, a great day to go back to a fresh bed and read a book day x,xx
enjoy my friend, xxx
lv cleo xxxxx
Old 01-21-2013, 06:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
lol good ole' mum...I know exactly what you are saying here and for me, it is somehow more annoying when the person is trying to be nice about it. I'm like, "ok stop talking now."

I love the idea of starting your day over. It's true we can do that.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I 'started my day over' about 2 hours ago. Was not in a good mood this morning AT ALL, and hadn't been since Saturday... instead of wallowing in a grumpy mood I forced myself to sort myself out and clean the house up. Feel much better now! I've basically been having a duvet day since Saturday when I finished work. Too much duvet is not a good idea, either!
Old 01-21-2013, 09:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hope it's getting better mecanix. Sorry for the bumpy start, it happens. Hope you're enjoying the book all snuggled in the clean bed. Ahhhh....
Old 01-21-2013, 09:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Mum has an eye for the obvious huh?

Feel better soon my friend!
Old 01-21-2013, 09:54 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Tickety boo now thanks everyone ,
learning how to dump the resentments and move on swiftly helps my sobriety , when i was drunk i could hold onto resentments and the moodyness for days, weeks or even months .
I don't know if it's PAWS , how a sober brain works or if i'm going dotty but i just end up forgetting stuff like that after an hour or two now if i just focus on something that gets me out of myself for a while , film , book , telephone conversation , long shower , thinking about a nice holiday i had , sitting and visualizing in my mind some places on dartmoor i love ..

Thankyou , M
Old 01-21-2013, 01:39 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Restarting the day is often a really good idea. I do that when I'm at wits end and always wake up with a better take on things.

Hope you can get battery issue resolved-maybe you can call the place and make them deliver and install a new one if it's still under warranty?
Old 01-21-2013, 02:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Glad you are here and feeling a bit better.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:36 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

So now that the day is almost over... I hope the restart worked? If not tomorrow is close by!

I am heading for ice cream I should not eat! Yum!