Prayers

Old 01-20-2013, 07:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Prayers

It's been a rough weekend. I have no strength to even type anything. I feel like I've reached my breaking point. It's physically affecting me now and I'm scared. Please pray for me.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by Chloe1981 View Post
It's been a rough weekend. I have no strength to even type anything. I feel like I've reached my breaking point. It's physically affecting me now and I'm scared. Please pray for me.
What's going on?
Old 01-20-2013, 07:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am sorry you had a bad weekend. Is there anything you can do to take your mind off things?
Old 01-20-2013, 07:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Chloe - My prayers are with you. May God give your strength, courage and wisdom. Please know that whatever you are going through, God is with you. Trust HIM with all your heart!!
Old 01-20-2013, 07:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Chloe,

Forgive me for not being familiar with your story. When I come on here lately, I usually just skim posts, so I'm not all familiar with newer members such as yourself.

When you reach the point you said you have reached, there's usually two ways things can go. You can either continue doing the things you're doing, or you can make a change. And the great part of this fork in the road is you get to choose which fork you can take.

See, we can't control what the addict does. We can't make the addict see things we way we'd like them to see things. And it's not our job to do that. But we can decide how things will go for ourselves...if that's in fact what we choose to do.

You have 24 posts under your belt. I'm amusing you've read some of our famous sticky notes. I'm also assuming that you have some cognitive awareness that what you're up against is pretty powerful. So, what are you going to do?

Do you want to continue to be part of a problem?

Or, do you want to find a solution that works for you?

ZoSo
Old 01-20-2013, 08:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sending Prayers out to you Chloe.....
Old 01-20-2013, 08:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

sending prayers and will keep you in my thoughts.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zoso77 View Post

What's going on?
Thank you all- it means so much to me.
I asked my AH to leave. Nothing happened to make me want to. In fact, since his last relapse he has gone to a meeting every single night which he has never done ever. But I just feel like everything that has happened just hit me like the weight of the world. And I just feel that in order for me to heal and move forward that I need space and time. And I know he needs the same thing for himself ...I just need to breathe. I need to stop worrying. I nee ld to stop obsessing. And that's why I did it.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Chloe
You and your husband will be in my prayers. The addict isn't the only one that can get sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Please......take care of you.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 01-20-2013, 09:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

This is often the turning point toward something we have desperately needed but were afraid to reach for or could not name. You are at a turning point, Chloe.

I have had times just as you are having now. And I did what you have done. I asked people to pray for me. I was in trouble. I was flattened by the pain of loving an addict who was in no shape to love me back.

Chloe, all who read your words are with you. Hang on. This pain and exhaustion is taking you somewhere important.

And drink a lot of water to replace what you are losing in tears. Just hang on and wait and see what God is up to in all this.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:46 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Chloe, I am in the exact same place that you are. I will pray for you. I wish I had some great words like some of the other wise members that have replied to you already. I will think of you today.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:07 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Chloe its pretty normal to feel bad feelings and experiences! We all do no matter who one is! I mean it can't last forever. Around the corner is a good day!
Old 01-21-2013, 05:31 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH. This is just what I needed to read in the morning. Today my goal is to do my normal morning routine and take care of me. I am going to paint my nails and make soup. Sounds mundane but it's what I need.