Notices

41 days sober, don`t feel so hot

Old 01-20-2013, 07:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

41 days sober, don`t feel so hot

Hi, 41 days sober today, I honestly don`t feel all that great and to be honest I look a little worn out from it I think, I thought by now I would look and feel better.
Anyone else find that shortly after quitting?
Old 01-20-2013, 07:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes that is very common. Keep it up tomorrow you could feel better. Start doing something that makes you feel better. Like aa meetings if that is your thing. Or exercise. You are doing great. Hang in there. Congrats on your six weeks. You know how many people wish they could have that. Congrats.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I thought my life would make a complete turnaround after a few days sober Billeth Keep going, it gets better. I felt pretty rubbish physically for about 3 months and things were up and down mentally. It all got a little bit better every day though x
Old 01-20-2013, 09:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes,I'm on 43 days and feel very similar to you.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Billeth View Post
Hi, 41 days sober today, I honestly don`t feel all that great and to be honest I look a little worn out from it I think, I thought by now I would look and feel better.
What program of recovery are you working?

All the best.

Bob R
Old 01-20-2013, 11:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

Originally Posted by Billeth View Post
Hi Billeth,

There was a time where I quit without any sort of program - just willpower and the thought that I could do it (again). I found it more tiring and taxing than if I were drinking, at times. I was white-knuckling it, and it showed - I had little energy, my mind wandered, I was short with others, etc. I don't know if you're in a program - might make a difference for you.

Hope it turns around for you.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You're still very early in recovery. Give yourself more time. :ghug3
Old 01-20-2013, 01:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am on day 7 and I still am not sleeping good, I woke up this morning and felt very groggy almost like I was hungover but not as bad. I just don't feel to good today either. I am hoping it does get better..am I still going through some sort of withdrawls???not sure but I am going to stick with it anyways....good luck and keep up the good work...its gotta get better.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Recognizes the Beast

Think this is pretty normal Billeth. If you google PAWS you'll see those exact symptoms being listed. I'm on day 71 myself. The first six weeks were pretty brutal for me, but things have slowly improved since then. But by no means has it been a straight line.

I guess we shouldn't fool ourselves too much into thinking that if we quit drinking, a week later we'll feel great, start losing a ton of weight, etc. Our bodies and more importantly our minds need some time to adjust, heal and re-program themselves.