Notices

Day 119 and Day 1

Old 01-18-2013, 06:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 119 and Day 1

Been sober now for 119 days..yeah!!!!!!!!!!

Now I need to stop sugar...today was day 1...Had cravings like I did when I stopped drinking....but I made it and ready for day 2...

Not sure i will get much responce from this thread but helps me to post this and look back at it like the day I stopped drinking.

When I wake up tomorrow I will say to my self, today I will not drink...today I will not eat sugar....one day at a time..i'm sure I can do this with sugar..it's like a drug..
Now, if it comes down to a drink or a cookie...yes I will pick the cookie.)
Old 01-18-2013, 06:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I, too, have to watch my sugar intake due to being diabetic. There are times though, there are times.
Having worked in the wgt loss field for 20+ years, it will take time for your body to let go of the desire and craving.
Watch those sugar substitutes too. They are still sugar, just in a form most diabetics can tolerate. If you have too much, unpleasant side effects occur.
101 days sober. Way to go! That is awesome.
p.s., dh was in NKP for 18 months, way back when.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Best of luck. Are you talking about cutting out sugar as far as candy/chocolate/etc... or sugar completely? I think our bodies need at least a little bit of it, don't they?
Old 01-18-2013, 08:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

i need to do this as well.
sweets have sky rocketed since no boozing
Old 01-18-2013, 08:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Best of luck. Are you talking about cutting out sugar as far as candy/chocolate/etc... or sugar completely? I think our bodies need at least a little bit of it, don't they?
Actually, a lot of nutritionists would say we don't need ANY sugar (well, at least the white, refined stuff.) Natural sugars in berries, etc. are just fine. There was a segment on 60 minutes not too long ago about how refined sugar is literally poison.

I feel absolutely, positively amazing when I cut out sugar completely. The first few days suck, and then I am fine. It is actually hard to do though. . .*they* put sugar in everything (breads, pasta, sauces, etc.) If you can eat food without any labels, you can do a better job of cutting it out.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Change4good View Post
Actually, a lot of nutritionists would say we don't need ANY sugar (well, at least the white, refined stuff.) Natural sugars in berries, etc. are just fine. There was a segment on 60 minutes not too long ago about how refined sugar is literally poison.

I feel absolutely, positively amazing when I cut out sugar completely. The first few days suck, and then I am fine. It is actually hard to do though. . .*they* put sugar in everything (breads, pasta, sauces, etc.) If you can eat food without any labels, you can do a better job of cutting it out.
Ah, understood. We have a peanut allergy in our family so reading labels is a daily thing. We try to cut out as much refined sugar as possible too, but it's really hard. Very tough with kids though....they all want a cookie now and then right?
Old 01-18-2013, 09:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Stewart, Day 119 and Day 1? You are FANTASTIC. Congratulations.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations on your progress Stewart

D
Old 01-18-2013, 03:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks all...morning here now in Thaikand. Yes, talking about refind sugar. Crave a drink grab a banana is fine. Some great fruit here in Thailand and everywhere.
Ok..day 120 and day 2 )) love you all I really do!!!!!!

plus my wife LOVES TO BAKE...yesterday hot cinimim rolls...did not eat them...thank GOD she does not drink..I mean this no booze in the house....but lots of hot cookies and cakes...she is Thai and thin as a rail...does not drink...I'm, really a very lucky man...sometimes I wish she did not know how to bake...) I can and will do it....she will just have to bake less now...