Notices

Lets stay sober this weekend! 18th - 20th! Check in!

Old 01-18-2013, 04:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Lets stay sober this weekend! 18th - 20th! Check in!

Lets get the right attitude in our heads early this weekend.

I don't drink. Period!

Last weekends thread really helped me. And I think some others out there too!

I have a comedy show tonight and dinner.

I have family visit Saturday night to cover my drunk times. Yeah!

I have a movie date planned Sunday morning.

Going to try canning and pickling or at least go get some of the stuff I need.

You?
Old 01-18-2013, 05:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Spending time with family. Got lots of loose ends to tie up around the house. Will make a couple meetings and church. Gonna work on our budget (always stressful).

Im grateful that I am sober today. Im thankful for the beautiful gifts in my life and that I have an opportunity to live in reality.

You have a wonderful weekend Ken
Old 01-18-2013, 05:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Ken!

I just did my morning readings and prayers and wrote in my journal. This is the way I start my day and it always makes it a great, sober day.

My husband is going out of town today. I am going to a meeting tonight, and I am going to to try to get some folks together to go to dinner afterward.

Saturday I am going to get my nails done and do some shopping. I am going to study all weekend, watch movies, and hit meetings. And enjoy having the house to myself.

Oh, and post here.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Follow... I am really happy for you! You sound great!

E888... Sounds like a plan! I know with being on my own I needed extra support. Glad you have the meeting.

Be well.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Have another busy weekend coming... No time or desire to drink! Well, may be a bit of desire but I can deal with it.

I'm discovering new drinks to have with my dinner.
1. Home-made soda water (choose and experiment with flavours)
2. Italian non-alcoholic aperitifs. Rhubarb one is amazing with meaty dishes.

And I can't wait to do some sober cooking this weekend... Getting ready for bison pasta!

Have a nice weekend everyone!
Old 01-18-2013, 06:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
LDT

Well....tonight my own personal "happy hour" will consist of me helping my friend feed her baby quintuplets.

Tomorrow my students will play in a piano event at the local college....... tomorrow night I babysit my grandpuppy.

Sunday...church maybe, a long walk with my dog by the lake, a great Sunday meal, and movies with my DH.

I'm good to go
Old 01-18-2013, 06:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Danger weekend for me first real hurdle and it's been tough already

Snowed in kind off today so no work extra long weekend and home alone my av started before 11 this morning ahhhh not a good sign...
Old 01-18-2013, 06:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I've been let home early from work and it's snowing outside , the car is now getting coverd and snowed in (4200lb in weight and 300bhp rear wheel drive so a bit of a monster in this weather with standard european all year tyres ) and i'm not on stand-by , this would have once been ideal drink-a-thon time and a blackout till sunday evening or monday morning .

Im snuggled in the fortress against alcohol , the cupboard has tins of food incase a power cut happens , the freezer is decently full .
I have a stockade of fizzey water, tea and coffee , books , dvd's , video games , guitars , synths and recording equipment , SR online, the whole internet , paper , pencil and one paper clip ...
Mum and i are well provisioned to wait out the inclement weather and for me there is only hours of sobriety to do those things that i really love to do that work seems to always get in the way of .

Will check in over the weekend if thats ok , as you can see i have a big pool of gentle calm here ready to dip into and draw upon if required .

Bestwishes, M
Old 01-18-2013, 06:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great attitude, Weasel1966. How could anyone not be on board with that?

This weekend, instead of looking forward to drinking, I'm looking forward to getting some fresh fruits and vegetables from the local market and juicing them to come up with a new flavor of healthy juice. The last time I tried this it came out disguuuusting - but I drank it anyway. Wish me luck for this time!
Old 01-18-2013, 06:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I can't believe the weekend is here already! Good reminder to start my sober-time planning. Not sure yet what I will do....below zero weather in VT but sunny so hoping some outdoor time, have to clean the house, and thinking will be hanging out with my son as he isn't feeling well. I'll have to keep checking in on SR for additional ideas! Thank you for this awesome weekend thread!
Old 01-18-2013, 06:58 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Meetings Saturday and Sunday.
Wife time
Watching Breaking Bad on DVD
Taking my 180 lbs of dogs to the groomer.
Staying sober
Old 01-18-2013, 07:05 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Ken,

Count me in.
Began exercising again...So this week end I have both days scheduled for different exercises.

Going to go to lunch tomorrow and then an afternoon movie. Something I haven't done in a while.

plus it is freezing cold here. -15 today. So fire in the fireplace with hot chocolate.

MIRecovery. I am envious...breaking bad....I have seen them all. You are in for a treat...Plus I have 150lbs of greyhounds to spend the week end with.

Jim
Old 01-18-2013, 07:07 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Weasel: I'm in but this weekend will be tough. Friends bday party tomorrow night and then 2 football games on sunday...I make this weekend and I'll feel waaaay good.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:18 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Ken. you are such a trendsetter. Weekend check in. Fun idea. I am taking antibiotics again. Lung infection again. Consequences of a deadly addiction. My house has little piles of I don't know what in almost every corner. Being drunk for 4 years really piled up on me. I used to wax my hardwood floors. They were beautiful. Trying not to feel overwhelmed. Climb one mountain at a time, right?
Old 01-18-2013, 07:18 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by weasel1966
I don't drink. Period!
Right on, weas....
Going to try canning and pickling or at least go get some of the stuff I need.
YAY! Did you decide on a recipe yet? I may start the great pickle-off this weekend too. Watch out LOL
Rock climbing tomorrow, belly dancing Sunday...making make some soap...maybe see a movie...
Originally Posted by mecanix
I have a stockade of fizzey water, tea and coffee , books , dvd's , video games , guitars , synths and recording equipment , SR online, the whole internet , paper , pencil and one paper clip ...
one paper clip..that cracks me up. MacGyver anyone?
Old 01-18-2013, 08:00 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Ah, the weekend. This is my trouble-time. I work M-F so weekends are when I tend to drink. This is when I go visit my 83 year old mom. She drinks more Gin than I do and it's always there. One shot won't hurt, right? Wrong. Nine times out of 10 it leads to drinking much more, then to misery and passing out.

Not this weekend. I refuse to let the Gin-Monster win.

We have a small business and since it's tax time, I will be getting everything ready for the accountant. We just moved into our new home in Oct and a lot of stuff is still in boxes, so this will be a good weekend project. And, of course, I will be spending a lot of time at SR!
Old 01-18-2013, 08:09 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Jim... A fire and hot chocolate... Mmmmmm

SoberL I have not found a recipie yet. Was going to ask you. Also the guy from WI offered and I will ask him. I will pm you over the weekend to see what's up. I will be doing this Sunday afternoon.

And belly dancing? Awesome!

Feel better escapist!

Everyone sounds like that want this. I need to want it to make it. This thread last weekend made a difference for me. I did not want to let anyone down. Including myself.

Mecanix.... One paper clip? That is funny.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:12 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Rosie... I understand what you are saying. If I get snowed in I have terrible cravings. I lived in Maine and when it snowed I walked down to the bar and spent all day playing pool and feeding the juke box. I was high on the whole atmosphere. I still feel the draw when the sky gets snow gray.

But hang in there. You CAN do this!

K
Old 01-18-2013, 08:12 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by terrazinaa View Post
Have another busy weekend coming... No time or desire to drink! Well, may be a bit of desire but I can deal with it.

I'm discovering new drinks to have with my dinner.
1. Home-made soda water (choose and experiment with flavours)
2. Italian non-alcoholic aperitifs. Rhubarb one is amazing with meaty dishes.

And I can't wait to do some sober cooking this weekend... Getting ready for bison pasta!

Have a nice weekend everyone!
BTW, unsweetened Pomegrante juice is a great sub for wine in pasta sauce. Your guests will want to know your "secret".
Old 01-18-2013, 08:16 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LindaLou View Post
Ah, the weekend. This is my trouble-time. I work M-F so weekends are when I tend to drink. This is when I go visit my 83 year old mom. She drinks more Gin than I do and it's always there. One shot won't hurt, right? Wrong. Nine times out of 10 it leads to drinking much more, then to misery and passing out.

Not this weekend. I refuse to let the Gin-Monster win.

We have a small business and since it's tax time, I will be getting everything ready for the accountant. We just moved into our new home in Oct and a lot of stuff is still in boxes, so this will be a good weekend project. And, of course, I will be spending a lot of time at SR!
My Mom was my best drinking "buddy"; she hated it when I got sober. She, however, only drank a small shot of bourbon, and I would make a martini....