Notices

3days sober off alchol w/ withdrawls ?

Old 01-17-2013, 09:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3days sober off alchol w/ withdrawls ?

Feeling ****** been 3days sober and i woke up today feeling dizzy is this normal am i going threw withdrawls. ??? i feel almost light headed and i have a weird pain in the back of my head?? i need advice and trying to stay strong . did you or anyone you know go threw with drawls and what kind ? Im only 19 and going thew this alone . thank you
Old 01-17-2013, 09:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The best thing to advise is to visit a doctor if you feel something is not right. That sounds like it could be withdrawal to me. How long had you been drinking? How frequently? Stay strong man, 3 days is not easy and you've done it!
Old 01-17-2013, 09:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i started drinking when i was 15, and been drinking every other day a bottle of vodka and or beer if not both , or ill drink every day i did abuse it and i dont want to go to a docter im way to scared
Old 01-17-2013, 09:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Howyoudoing10 View Post
i started drinking when i was 15, and been drinking every other day a bottle of vodka and or beer if not both , or ill drink every day i did abuse it and i dont want to go to a docter im way to scared
Withdrawal symptoms can be harmful, even deadly. Doctors are well aware of what the symptoms are, and can help treat them and make them less severe so there is nothing to be scared of. We can't give you medical advice here regarding your symptoms so if you are having physical issues seeing a doctor is the most important thing for you now, and the sooner the better.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Detoxing from any substance can be dangerous if you haven't had medical input. If you feel you need too....go to the doc's, that's my advice. There's no shame in it. If you can try going to one that has a history of dealing with addiction/alcoholism.

Natom.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have gone through all manner of withdrawals over many years. Expect anything; if worried check out the E.R or a doctor of your choice making sure to mention that you have just started abstaining. Be totally honest.

Alcohol free day 4.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

praying for you. i have a son your age. if i was your mom i would help you.
this place is a good start for you.

Last edited by scat143; 01-17-2013 at 05:21 PM. Reason: mispell
Old 01-17-2013, 05:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You shouldn't be afraid to tell your doctor, you're protected by HIPPA and that's what doctors are for, this IS A DISEASE.

Three days sober is usually not long enough before you start feeling 100%, it usually takes a week or more to actually start feeling better.

I do wish you'd see a doctor, or even go to an urgent care center.

Good luck, keep posting, keep coming back. Welcome to SR!! :ghug3