Notices

I think that i am an alcoholist

Old 01-17-2013, 06:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I think that i am an alcoholist

Hello. I drink almost everyday. I skip the school because i drink so much. I take medications and have been abusing xanax but now the doctor dont order it anymore but i take 4 other pills. This is all i have to say for now.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by MR29 View Post
Hello. I drink almost everyday. I skip the school because i drink so much. I take medications and have been abusing xanax but now the doctor dont order it anymore but i take 4 other pills. This is all i have to say for now.
Welcome to SR. If your plan is to quit there's lots of support here. Even if you plan isn't to quit there are many ears that will listen. Read lots and don't be afraid to tell us what your plans are and how we can help you.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My belief is if you think you have a problem, then you do. I didn't drink for as long as many other posters of the forum did, but I know I had a big problem abusing alcohol and it was only going to become a bigger problem with more permanency in my life.
Stick around the forums. Even if you don't post, read. I've only been here a few days, but Ive already learned so much from other memeber's stories. You may want to see a doctor if possible because withdrawal from alcohol or a benzo (Xanax) can be dangerous and very difficult depending on how much you're doing. Good luck!
Old 01-17-2013, 09:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I wasn't 100% whether I was alcoholic before I came in either. What wound up tipping the scales for me was the realization that it didn't matter whether I was or not--it would be better if I stopped drinking, and if doing so meant that I had to go to meetings, then I'd go to meetings.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome MR29 -

It's good that you recognize you have a problem. You're not alone...... lots of us have been in your shoes and found support here. You can turn things around.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Welcome MR29! If you feel you need help, you've come to a great place to learn how to stop the destructive addictions. If you're still in school, you're catching this at a young age-good for you! Sobriety and living clean will make a whole different life for you than you will get if you keep on the path you're on now. I don't know anyone who looks back and says "I wish I drank or did more drugs when I was younger". I know a whole lot of people who say "I wish I quit when I was younger" though. Many are saying this after major health scares or broken relationships.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR MR29

There's a ton of support here

D
Old 01-17-2013, 01:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Not Alone

My general opinion is that if you have to ask whether you have a problem then you probably have. Obviously only you can know for certain. This forum is full of support and advice.

Natom.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good to realise at an early age; better to put that belief into sound constructive action.

As for Xanax, that stuff is dynamite.

It may be hard to realise now but all you have to miss out on is screwing up the rest of your life.