We Won!!! Just sharing...

Old 01-17-2013, 04:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

We Won!!! Just sharing...

I haven't mentioned here that I am helping my daughter through her custody battle for her 1 year old daughter. My daughter has a protective order against her child's father because of his abuse. The father is a substance abuser and he also has mental health issues. I feel a little guilty that I somehow passed my codependent ways to my daughter. Well anyway, we won in court yesterday!!! The judge found it in the best interest of my granddaughter to award my daughter sole legal and physical custody. The father will be allowed supervised visitation when/if he completes several classes that were ordered through a conviction of violating the protective order. I'm happy my granddaughter will be protected from her father's behavior. I feel sorry for my granddaughter's father, he is a mess, but it is his mess and we have to protect our little angel.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You will all be in my prayers.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 01-17-2013, 06:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Great news!! I am so happy for all of you!!

P.S. It's never too late to show your daughter and/or granddaughter a new and healthy path. Be the light through example and they will follow you.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

You and your daughter are the voice of that innocent child. I am so glad you spoke out and are keeping her safe. Children are the innocent victims here and must be protected no matter what it takes.

My prayers go out for all of you, for better days ahead.

Hugs