Notices

Lies And Fairytails

Old 01-16-2013, 04:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lies And Fairytails

I graduated from college with a degree in music and was fourtante to travel the world sharing my gift. Things went downhill when my addiction began to over shadow my talent. Currently I have to work 2 retail jobs in the mall because booking shows are not so easy when achool becomes more important than persuing your destiny. Needless to say, from hearing your director say " great show.. you brought the house down" to your supervisor yelling " take all those sweaters down you didnt fold them correctly" can be pretty depressing.

Until yesterday on my break.. as i sat enjoying my afternoon latte .. I begin watching complete strangers walking back and forth pass me. Some agruing with there spouse.. Others crying on what seemed to be a dramatic phone call.. Most walking alone in their own little daze... I suddenly thought : Everyone in life goes through SOMETHING. Everyone has their own journey on this earrh. No ones life is " perfect " My something just happens to be addiction and my journey envoles me beating it... not me beating my self up...

I guess I wrote this post just to remind everyone that what we are going through .. has only been given to us to make us stronger.. When your addiction whispers in your ear that your a loser.. everyones laughing at you... you have failed life... you are weak... your a junkie.. no one loves you.. your stupid... you are nothing ; just take a deep breath. give it a little chuckle. And whisper back : Lies and Fairytales.....
Old 01-16-2013, 05:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I love music. Listening to it and appreciating it.
Altho i never learned an instrument, both of my
kids went thru school both learning the Trombone
and French Horn. 2 of my favorite instruments
amongst all the others.

Both kids, adults now, so talented, made me
very proud to see them perform and share
their talents for others to enjoy. My son graduated,
majored in music and now teaches the young ones.

What an awesome gift it is to have that in
music.

Learn all you can about your addiction and
how it affects your body and those around
you. Pick up the tools and knowledge of a
recovery program to incorperate in ur everyday
life and continue on your journey sharing what
you have been blessed with to others.

Music is a gift. A joy to be appreciated and shared.

Learn and share your ESH with the world..!

ESH - EXPEREINCES, STRENGTHS AND HOPES
Old 01-16-2013, 10:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

C2C, GREAT POST!!! Yeah, also referred to as "'Stinkin' Thinkin'". I'm so glad that you saw that and that was the vision you had. I had come to that realization as well back then when I first got sober and was struggling to get back up. It dawned on me as well, that just because of where I am doesn't meant that I had it any worse. I could have been in a hospice dying from cancer, lost one of my children; where I am at is right where I need to be.

Good to see you.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Not Alone

I used to think that only my life was crap, then I realised everyone else had crap too. And then I started removing the said crap from my life. As a result my head has a 70:30 SerenityCrap ratio.

Natom.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

In my experience, the best cure for stinkin' thinkin' is to stop drinking. The boost to self esteem and self confidence that comes from quitting, and knowing that you have quit, and having done it because you decided to do something right and strong and good, blows all that negative self talk out of the water. I quit, and I put an end to my shame and guilt and anxiety over drinking. If I can do what I have just accomplished, what limitations do I have?
Old 01-16-2013, 03:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

This was such a good post, I'm pushing it back to the front. I think you're doing really well on your journey so far C2C, you seem to be very intuitive and really know yourself well, that is so key to being able to do this. Be proud.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I SO agree, C2C. I'm glad you're discovering this sooner than I did. Thank you for an uplifting post.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I have a feeling that sobriety will lead you to amazing things...funny how a clear mind and purpose can have such a profound effect.

Keep it moving...your time is coming. God doesn't hand out talent to everyone and those with a gift are special. With time and patience and belief in yourself it will all fall into place

I know it sounds a bit "pie in the sky" but I truly believe that talent, when nurtured and respected and appreciated, is something that will not be silenced when given the opportunity to be heard!