Notices

What could possibly happen?

Old 01-15-2013, 08:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What could possibly happen?

Accepting this illness is really the only answer . I will die if I go back out there, I will end up in an institution in a week if I start drinking . I have been in 14 in the last 10 yrs.

I will get behind the wheel of my car and drive if I want more alcohol . I will get my 4th DUI.

I will cheat on my husband and I will ignore my son .

I will not be available for my parents. I will be sitting in my car chugging one beer after the other , then driving to the gas station every 30 min to go to the bathroom .

After 12 beers I will go call the drug dealer . I will get a cash advance on my credit cards . I will drink even more . I will get on the phone and call old boyfriends .

I will be puking in the middle of the night .

I will wake up with a massive headache and my hubby will have left .

My folks will not speak to me. My son will cut me out of his life .

Then I will do it all over again because I won't be able to deal with the consequences of last night .

UUGGHH O my , I better accept I have this illness cuz If I don't you all will be writing me in jail . That's if I live .
I actually have no idea what will happen if I drink and that scares the living crud out of me.

I need help, I will always need help. I am glad you are here to help. thanks
Old 01-15-2013, 09:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Yeah, I know what you mean. My struggles with drinking have often come back to the issue of acceptance. You're not alone here, stay strong.

-Josh
Old 01-15-2013, 09:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Josh

Thanks friend. I need you too. Every little bit helps. Thanks
Old 01-15-2013, 09:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Deeker,
We just take it to the limit. Stay on this side with us. Are you doing AA voluntarily, or have a doc you picked to help? I am in the same situation in that I can never drink again or it will kill me. So I decided to live, it was that simple. I hope you do too.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Exclamation the motions

hey Deeker.
I was so tight with a Power that warmed me 2 months ago coming up to my 6 yr cake and slipped for a 5 week binge and am now in a place where I have to try and remember what to do as I feel angry and hopeless. I dont want to face this but the only answer is a meeting everyday, joined a womens step group, prayer heartfelt or otherwise....and remind myself I know nothing....find a women with alot of years that has solid discipline,,,and do whatever she suggests,,,god bless
Old 01-15-2013, 10:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~sb

"AA Where & When"

West Pasco/Tarpon Springs A.A. Meeting List
Old 01-15-2013, 10:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Me to last comment

Oh yah I want to be here. I go to a lot of meetings and have a sponsor but relapsed on a bottle of cough medicine a couple weeks ago. Would of had a yr next month. I saw it coming but didn't tell sponsor. I am learning
Old 01-15-2013, 10:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Actually doing well

But I know if I pick up all those things will happen.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I almost died from this disease deeker...And I've seen too fricken many people that have. Came down to this choice for me....I quit talking about it and do something....Or those things you describe will happen or worse....It's kind of like they say in There Is A Solution...

If you are as seriously alcoholic as we were, we believe there is no middle-of-the-road solution. We were in a position where life was becoming impossible, and if we had passed into the region from which there is no return through human aid, we had but two alternatives: One was to go on to the bitter end, blotting out the consciousness of our intolerable situation as best we could; and the other, to accept spiritual help.

Well....I was as seriously alcoholic as they were.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

And welcome back Josh...I remember you being around a lot when I joined here.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:11 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

It's alright, Talk about taking out of context.

Ok Calm Down everyone. All I did was aknowledge out loud what would happen if I drank again. I didn't say I wanted to drink again. I just spoke the truth of what would happen if I did and if you are alcoholic like me you know. I don't want to drink again. I am taking my recovery seriously. I know that I can't do this alone. I go to 9 meetings a week, I have a sponsor whom I call daily and I am working the steps. This post was for newcomers to think the drink through and those who may be having stinking thinking. This was a revelation folks. it's all good. Breathe.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:20 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I like your thread. I'm a noob to recovery and SR. I don't have a son, and I am a man. But I can relate to a lot of what you posted. Thank you.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:14 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=deeker;3773654]bump

For the new folks. For the ones thinking a drink sounds good about now.

It's a lie folks, don't listen to the lie. There's always heavy consequences for drinking. I like sobriety. I like knowing how my nights gonna end up. With me safely in bed not in a cell. Think it through.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:15 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=deeker;3890945]
Originally Posted by deeker View Post
bump

For the new folks. For the ones thinking a drink sounds good about now.

It's a lie folks, don't listen to the lie. There's always heavy consequences for drinking. I like sobriety. I like knowing how my nights gonna end up. With me safely in bed not in a cell. Think it through.
Just a reminder folks!! Don't believe the lies, it own't be different this time.