Notices

Lost & Confused

Old 01-15-2013, 08:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Lost & Confused

2 yrs ago I married the man of my dreams!
When we where dating he confessed to me that in he's past he had problems with drugs and I was scared, then he told me that he had been clean for 4 yrs and I was okay with that.

A few months into our marriage he started using again. That's when things changed,the lies started. For the past 2 years he has been on and off with drugs, mostly on. It's getting to the point where I can't take it anymore. I'm tired of the lies, I'm tired of going in circles. I'm tired of being broke all of the time because he needs money.

I want to help him but I don't know how. It hurts because I know that no matter what I do, I can't help. I know that he wont change unless he wants too.

I feel alone no one really knows what I go through. He's family knows of he's situation but I feel like all they do is criticize him. I haven't told anyone in my family cause I don't want them to know or to worry about me. I have talked to someone who's husband had the same issue but I just feel like she made things worst by telling me what she wen't through.

I love my husband very much, and I don't plan on leaving him ever. I made a vow "for better or for worst till death due us part" I will not give up on him. I have faith that one day he will get better.

In the meantime I don't know what to do to keep my sanity. I feel so lost and so confused. I'm hoping that maybe speaking to a bunch of strangers will make it a little easier.

I feel like I'm in a crazy emotional roller coaster
Old 01-15-2013, 08:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
*Grateful*

I am soooo sorry you are going through this. The are some other boards on here called friends and families of Alcoholic/ Addicts that can help you cuz they are living it too. I really like the alcoholic one even though it is AA, you can substitute the word. Good luck to you!

Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

(((HUGS))) Lily
Old 01-15-2013, 09:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thanks Lily! I will check them out