Notices

Triggered

Old 01-15-2013, 03:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Triggered

I have two weeks sober tomorrow. It hasn’t been the best two weeks. I hurt my back last Thursday and haven’t been able to work out, then today I just found out that the person I have been in an on-again off-again relationship with just got into a new relationship. I was at work when I found out and pictured myself drinking a bottle of wine in bed tonight. After work I decided to have a mini-pity party for myself and bought dinner and ice cream (take out) instead of alcohol. It still stings a bit, but I was able to get past that very strong trigger. If it weren’t for this site I doubt I’d have been so strong.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Amen Janie!! I'm sorry about your rough day, and I think I remember you saying you hurt your back, I'm sorry about that too. Exercising has become a big part of my sober life and has been for the past few years. *HUG*

Hope you wake up tomorrow, a new day, a new beginning, and feeling better and more happy.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're still hanging in there Janie.
Here's to better weeks ahead

D
Old 01-15-2013, 04:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks, thats what I'm aiming for. Get to bed early tonight, and have an early start to the day tomorrow. This is actually all for the better because that ex is a big drinker and has definite alcoholic tendencies that would rub off on me when we were together. I am getting onto better things.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great work Janie! I am sorry to hear about what happened but kudos to you for taking care of yourself. Sweets are so much safer than alcohol
Old 01-15-2013, 04:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Janie you have a great attitude! Good job weathering the storm and knowing better things are ahead. Trying to be with someone that can't support your sobriety wouldn't be easy anyway. Still hard to swallow though. Hope your back and your heart feel better soon.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Nice job Janie...Hope your back heals quickly and I'm sure the right guy will show up...I just went through something similar...I have to look at it as her loss....And move on.